The Student Room Group

Earthquake rattles East Midlands

It's not just snowy weather going on today - people in the East Midlands have also been jostled by an earthquake.

The BBC reports that a 2.9 magnitude earthquake struck near Loughborough at 5.20am today.

Did anyone feel it?

-----
Featured on the TSR New and now page - home of the top content on TSR
-----
Nope. Slept like a brick, and I'm in the area where it should have been felt the most.

It's a real shame, I never felt an earthquake before. :frown:
I was awake and felt absolutely nothing.
Now men in the Midlands can truly ask women if they felt the earth move.
Original post by Dragonfly07

It's a real shame, I never felt an earthquake before. :frown:

How unlucky :frown:
Original post by thunder_chunky
Now men in the Midlands can truly ask women if they felt the earth move.

No but the wardrobe door came open. :teehee:
:lol: Can't believe this was reported on the local news yesterday. 2.9 earthquakes aren't news.

I remember the 4.7 earthquake in Dudley about 10 years ago. That was a strange experience.
Reply 7
Original post by TheMagicRat
:lol: Can't believe this was reported on the local news yesterday. 2.9 earthquakes aren't news.

I remember the 4.7 earthquake in Dudley about 10 years ago. That was a strange experience.

I can remember that one, woke up thinking a vehicle had hit the house.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
I didn't know there was an earthquake! I remember feeling one around 3 or 4 year ago which was strange

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meenu89
I can remember that one, woke up thing a vehicle had hit the house.

Yeah, I thought it was a gas explosion or something similar since I'd already experienced the ground shaking from something like that.

I remember a few people on my street going outside to see what was going on. Nobody had a clue what was going on until you got up in the morning and saw the news.
2.9? I can fart more energy than that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending