The Student Room Group

You know who you are...

I can't express how ****ing frustrated I am with you right now. I gave you everything in this relationship and you throw it back in my face by ending it with a phone call after 2 years and 2 months together?! Seriously? A ****ing phone call? I god damn deserve better than that. It's kind of pathetic that you couldn't face the music and at least do it face to face. Yes I was jealous of other boys whilst you were at uni, yes I nagged you to talk to me more while you were at uni but that was only because I loved you to bits and was struggling to readjust to new life without you here. I loved you no matter what! I'd send you gifts, take you on holiday, hold you while you slept, snuggled you when you were upset or cold, comforted you when you needed it and spoke to you as if every day was our last. What a **** boyfriend I turned out to be. Oh wait, that's bull****. I treated you like royalty and deserve way more than for you to ignore me after our break up and for you to tell me you'll never be with me again. I'll always resent you for giving up on us after we made promises and plans to be together, I even arranged my university choices around you so I could be near you. But you had to throw it back in my face. You've made me so incredibly miserable and I hope you're happy with what you've done. I hope you're proud that you've sucked every drop of life out of me while you're away at uni. Seriously though, to dump me over the phone is one thing, but to do it the day after your exams finish and while mine are still going on is ridiculous. You know I don't have another chance at these exams. That's one of the most selfish things I've witnessed and **** me, do I deserve better than that. I stay awake all night thinking about what could have been. And what would be reality now, had you not given up after I drove you away. I'll never forgive myself for losing you but at least I had the balls to stick to you because I know that we're happier together. I despise myself for still loving and needing you. But I can't help that. First loves suck. Sorry for posting this guys, it makes me feel a bit better.

Scroll to see replies

And now that's out of you, you can start to get over him, move on with your life and find someone else. :yep:

Good times!
Reply 2
Wow thats a really nasty time and way to dump someone. Exams are stressful as it is.
Reply 3
Original post by rjm101
Wow thats a really nasty time and way to dump someone. Exams are stressful as it is.
Thanks for understanding. It's weird, you think you know someone until they show their true colours.
Reply 4
Best way to deal with it, vent like a mother****er!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Good on you mate, let it all out, helps a lot :smile:
Reply 6
Cheers guys. Ergh she posted a picture of a snowman wearing the gloves I got her for christmas. Ouch.
Reply 7
Great Post fella!
Original post by MrBean1994
Cheers guys. Ergh she posted a picture of a snowman wearing the gloves I got her for christmas. Ouch.

Maybe it's best if you just distance yourself from her for a little while? Speaking from personal experience - simply vowing not to check out what she's doing via Twitter/Facebook can be of real benefit.
Really sorry it happened, though.
Reply 9
Original post by Rosa Arabelle
Maybe it's best if you just distance yourself from her for a little while? Speaking from personal experience - simply vowing not to check out what she's doing via Twitter/Facebook can be of real benefit.
Really sorry it happened, though.

I really am trying, but it's difficult when she's the person I always texted about everything. Just taking time to get used to it. Hmm yeah, it came up on my news feed because she still hasn't changed the relationship status after three days. Thanks Rosa.
Reply 10
I really am trying, but it's difficult when she's the person I always texted about everything. Just taking time to get used to it. Hmm yeah, it came up on my news feed because she still hasn't changed the relationship status after three days. Thanks Rosa.

That is why you should always let the girls approach you first and initiate a relationship. If you do the chasing then they will dump you as soon as a better looking fella comes along. Sad but true.
Reply 11
Original post by sissoko46
That is why you should always let the girls approach you first and initiate a relationship. If you do the chasing then they will dump you as soon as a better looking fella comes along. Sad but true.

1. She initiated it years ago
2. She hasn't found anyone else, trust me.
3. Doubt there's anyone better looking. (Obviously kidding but hey, I'm hurting so I'll say whatever makes me feel better)
As much as I don't want to make this worse, this is why I always say never choose universities for anyone else or that might compromise your education/happiness. Because if things should go tits up, well, you know what I mean.

Doing your A levels?
Reply 13
1. She initiated it years ago
2. She hasn't found anyone else, trust me.
3. Doubt there's anyone better looking. (Obviously kidding but hey, I'm hurting so I'll say whatever makes me feel better)

She initiated it and now ended it for no good reason? My goodness what a callous woman you got yourself. Be happy you're free from her you dodged a deadly bullet in my opinion just count your lucky stars and you'll find someone worth your time one day soon just be patient.
Let it all out!!! Give us some moar will ya!!!
Reply 15
This is exactly what happened to me, except I'm the gal and he's at uni :tongue: We'll be fine :smile: x
Reply 16
Get it out of your system bud. It sucks, my girlfriend of two years broke up with me by text a few months ago. It hurt like a bastard and I didn't eat anything for like a week or two, spent all my days crying and thinking about what could have been. Time really is a healer. The sooner you accept the fact that she's gone, the easier it will become. TRY by all means not to check up on her. Leave her alone for a few weeks, she'll realise she's lost a great boyfriend and will probably try and contact you. Don't text her or anything of that sort

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 17
I know it's tough and I know it's a lot easier said than done, but why should you even give a flying pig **** about her when after 2 years together, she obviously didn't care about you or respect you enough to break up with you face to face? (I am assuming she could have done or it wouldn't even be an issue for you?). She could have met up with you in person and explained why and made the whole process as painless as possible; which is what you do when you care about someone and have been with them for the past two years.

She's not worth another second of your time mate.
Reply 18
She was cheating on you. **** her.
Sorry pal, but going on what you've written you can't lay all the blame at her feet. Yes, she was wrong to break up with you over the phone and yes, she was also wrong to do it in the middle of your exams. But the rest? When you've calmed down and had some time to reflect rationally on the relationship you will - or should - realise that actually she has done little else wrong. You should have realised that basing your university choices around her was a stupid thing to do. Even if she encouraged it or even TOLD you to, you should have stepped back and thought 'Wait, why am I basing something so huge on someone I might not stay with, and if we really love each other surely we will let each other do whatever and if that means distance we will find a way to make it work?' Yes, you made 'promises' to each other - but that was naive, and remember, anyone can change their mind. You seem very bitter about the fact that you spent so much on her. You can't buy love. Maybe it's your own fault for not realising that she was not returning the tokens of 'love'. You can't spend money on a woman and do things for her and think you're then entitled to her. That is not how it works.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending