The Student Room Group

The age old question: are more or less people virgins than you think?

ok we all know this website attracts the socially inept virgin types, like myself. but out there in the real world, do you think more people are virgins than you think? or do you think less people are virgins than you think? if you see what i'm asking.

people are apparently having sex at a younger age these days so you would assume few people are virgins by age 20, 21, 22, 23 or older. but i do often wonder myself whether its all some sort of mysterious facade and the reality is that more people are older virgins than you first think.

what are your views?
I'm 18, I can think of about 5 people of the 50 girls (all girls school) in my year ego are virgins. So I'd guess there really aren't many ...
This is the age old question? :lolwut:

In total, brutal honesty, nobody who has had sex asks these questions. You realise it's just a silly thing that didn't really matter :h:

On topic, I guess I've never really thought about it. I would guess that at least a few people in my social circle were virgins, but it's not the sort of thing you go and ask really. Might be a bit awkward.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
You are the only user to fully fulfill the potential of your username on this forum.

In answer to your question, people lie. I'd imagine the number of virgins is much higher than you think.

Original post by joker12345
I'm 18, I can think of about 5 people of the 50 girls (all girls school) in my year ego are virgins. So I'd guess there really aren't many ...

You know beyond doubt that none of them are exaggerating or telling porkies?
Reply 6
I have no idea, and since when is this the age old question?

Personally if I was to guess, I'd probably say more are than I think. People, especially guys, are going to exaggerate things. A guy isn't exactly going to want to say he's a virgin if he assumes everyone else in the group isn't, if they all think the same way..there's a lot of exaggeration/untruths right there.
Reply 7
First of all, it's more or fewer. Virgins and people are countable nouns, you see.

Secondly, I don't see why this is an "age old question". I can imagine that up until the sexual revolution of the mid 20th century, nobody sat in their bedroom pondering whether everyone else was "doing it" already and if they really were more socially inept than everyone else.

Thirdly, the answer to the question is different for everyone and is also different at different times in their life. When I was doing my GCSEs, there were more people having sex than I thought their would be (I naively presumed they would be focusing on their studies...) whereas now I'm at university and am surprised at how many people haven't had a partner/had sex yet. Why this is remotely interesting or relevant to anyone else, I have no idea.
I don't really care either way :dontknow: hardly an "age old" question for me.
Reply 9
ah yes a wise man once said...'eyah mate reckon more or less of the people you know are virgins like?? What you reckon mate?'

And his sentiments live on
Reply 10
If I thought more people were virgins than I thought, I'd necessarily think that many people were virgins. Crazy question is crazy.
Reply 11
I think virginity is a stupid, meaningless, psychologically damaging concept is what I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending