The Student Room Group

eligible A-levls and uni application?

I have heard from someone that you would need to apply to uni within like a year after having your a-levels done, is that the case?

Would that mean that if I am to say do them at separate time (1 full a-level by summer, 1 AS, and maybe another full A-level and A2 next year), will I still be able to apply with them say 3 years later, or must it be done soon after?
Whoever told you that doesn't have a clue what they're talking about. There's no deadline after which your A-levels 'expire', otherwise how do you think all the people in their 20s and 30s that start at uni would do it? The only even vaguely similar deadline that I know of is that you have to take an A2 course within three years of doing the AS for it to remain valid.
Original post by CupiditasMetam
I have heard from someone that you would need to apply to uni within like a year after having your a-levels done, is that the case?

In a word, no. It's completely untrue.
Reply 3
Original post by Potally_Tissed
In a word, no. It's completely untrue.

So if I decide to apply to university in 2019 with 3 A grades that I achieved in 2012, universities wouldn't mind? Surely they have to check somehow that you still remember all the A-level content etc in order to cope with the course.
Original post by GPODT
So if I decide to apply to university in 2019 with 3 A grades that I achieved in 2012, universities wouldn't mind? Surely they have to check somehow that you still remember all the A-level content etc in order to cope with the course.

You would just be applying as a mature student, it's very common :yes: You might have to do something like a foundation year or access course if the uni didn't think you would cope going straight into a degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending