The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Getting into Dental School???

I want to be a dentist, or a pharmacist if that does work. I am aware of the grades needed, but I want to do some extra curricular work that will definitely separate me from other applicants and make them more likely to accept me, to make me the best, if you like!

I do volunteering at cancer research charity shop, did work experience at dentists for 1 week, got a excellence on work experience certificate, I do kumon and have 2 advanced student roll awards, i go to a pilates and zumba class, and have been to various career workshop sorts of things.
I don't play any musical instruments and I'm not in any teams as I'm rubbish at sports!
I don't want to do Duke of Edinburgh.

What sorts of things can I do? Is what I'm already doing enough, how can I improve my CV?

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there,

I would recommend picking some 'super-curricular' activities that are more relevant to your degree choice. So you already have 1 weeks work experience at a dentist which is great, can you do anymore? That's the sort of thing that will stand out on your application so really emphasize what you learnt there and what you enjoyed.

Hope this helps and good luck,

Kayleigh
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending