The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Bottekrank and I have our A2 German orals tomorrow...eek. It's impossible to prepare for and is completely unseen material!

Anyone else doing the A2 German Edexcel Interpreting exam this week?
Reply 61
That sounds nasty that exam does! Luckily I'm on OCR so just a general conversation about a topic...mine's renewable energy!

Anyone have any general tips for orals?....is the main thing just to keep calm?!
I have my AS French tomorrow... I have never got so worked up over an exam before! My mood is changing each minute... I better not be this nervous tomorrow...
Reply 63
Nel48
Bottekrank and I have our A2 German orals tomorrow...eek. It's impossible to prepare for and is completely unseen material!

Anyone else doing the A2 German Edexcel Interpreting exam this week?

Yes m8 i had it today and i don't wanna scare u but it wasn't easy. the only thing that really tripped me up was vocab and mainly nerves. i wont have got wat i should have and thats really annoying :frown:. nerves are your main enemy in my opinion so just try to relax before hand and think clearly and you'll be fine.
Reply 64
nicko88
That sounds nasty that exam does! Luckily I'm on OCR so just a general conversation about a topic...mine's renewable energy!

Anyone have any general tips for orals?....is the main thing just to keep calm?!

Yeah I would say the main thing is to try to stay calm! I was so nervous that I went to give myself a little prep talk in a toilet cubicle about 5 minutes before the exam, it did calm me down...lol

Also keep talking, even if it's a load of old rubbish and doesn't make sense. I made a huge mistake by pausing for nearly 20 seconds and I'm kicking myself for doing that!
elbow_fan
Yeah I would say the main thing is to try to stay calm! I was so nervous that I went to give myself a little prep talk in a toilet cubicle about 5 minutes before the exam, it did calm me down...lol

Also keep talking, even if it's a load of old rubbish and doesn't make sense. I made a huge mistake by pausing for nearly 20 seconds and I'm kicking myself for doing that!

At least it's over and it always seems worse than it is :smile: That's what I always always say to reassure myself :smile:

Don't worry there's no point until results come out eh :smile::smile:
its today! :eek: A-level! but i don't know what time, where or with whom as its all gone pear shaped with the examiner being away!
Reply 67
Just done my A2 french speaking!!! man what a relief. my teacher thought it went well...around a C which is ok for me bcz i`m usually really bad at speaking :biggrin: I also kinda found the A2 one easier than the AS because they asked you more questions instead of making you talk by yourself for ages and ages. the reading text was about Clonage which wasn't too bad either. oh well....no more french speaking ever again!! YEEEAH!
Congrats!! go celebrate!
Reply 69
just finished my French speaking (A2, Edexcel) today. i think it went well. i was the last one to go so i was going a bit insane at the end. afraid they might think that it didn't sound very natural because we stuck to topics that i was comfortable with.
anyway it's over!!
Reply 70
Just had my mock Spanish interpreting and it was awful, so hard!! Can't believe they're putting the only mock we're doing 2 days before the effing exam!!:mad:
I really hope the real thing isn't as hard as it was last year:frown:
Friday noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
had my A2, the examiner reappeared!! the article discussion was, er, rock.
on discussing something i would find really difficult in english! well i answered as if i was speaking in english, my choice topic discussion was good tho methinks, best I could do.

ITS..............OOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 72
I've just had my A2 Edexcel German Interpreting Exam. It wasn't too bad but it could have been so much better. I keep thinking of loads of things i should have said.
Ah well, It's over now.
Reply 73
Had my A2 German interpreting today too....it was ok but some of the words I just did not know, like english for Seife (soap!) and German for toothpaste, toothbrush and airline! Let's just say I improvised. Vocab was bad but my teachers said grammar was good, so I'm not too downbeat. I'm glad orals are over (for this year anyway.......:eek: )
Reply 74
I did my Spanish GCSE oral this morning. I was lucky 'cos my German teacher wasn't there first lesson so I had an extra hours revision to go through the general conversation questions in my revision book, my teacher uses the same revision book so I used similar to the model answers in the book lol!

My tutor (I learnt outside of school as my school doesn't do Spanish) didn't give me any feedback but my mum had to give her a lift home and dragged it out of her that I did really well and corrected all my mistakes.

Such a relief now that's one out of the way, still got French and German AS next week though!
Reply 75
had my AS spanish one today. i think it went well actually, though could have used subjunctive more!
Reply 76
cielo
had my AS spanish one today. i think it went well actually, though could have used subjunctive more!

I wouldn't worry about that though. The speaking exam is more for judging communication skills rather than showing off techincal language isn't it?
Reply 77
cielo

Don't worry, I completely forgot to use anything other than the present tense last year and still got an A:wink:
Reply 78
Bethy
At least it's over and it always seems worse than it is :smile: That's what I always always say to reassure myself :smile:

Don't worry there's no point until results come out eh :smile::smile:

Yeah exactly! I worry about things way too much, I'll try and chill a bit, hehe. :smile:
Reply 79
garethDT
I wouldn't worry about that though. The speaking exam is more for judging communication skills rather than showing off techincal language isn't it?

I managed to speak English in my German exam by saying "well"...I'm screwed on both communication and technical language. Hehehe (I shouldn't laugh really!)

Latest

Trending

Trending