The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

MSc Health Psychology University of Bath

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone was joining me on MSc Health Psych at Bath in Sept 2013? If anyone has got any advice about housing etc?! Thanks, S x
Reply 1
Hi there:smile:
I accepted my offer for the Msc in Health Psych over the weekend. I've got no advice for you though, I'm coming straight from an undergrad in Ireland so I've no idea about anything! Any advice or tips would be welcome!:biggrin:
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Hey :smile: ooo that's very brave!! I am on a year out at the moment (working for an insurance company, very dull!) and then Im off to South America....leaving myself lots to organise before Sept! Ive been in touch with Karen Rodham and asked a few questions about placements and stuff - they have some really good links!! Im a bit nervous about the actual course content, Social cognition theories aren't my strongest - so hoping I will get better at those....have you any ideas what you want to do after? Also, Bath is such a lovely place - really pretty and apparently the nightlife is alright as well (its a fairly small city!) but really close to Bristol which has a good night life :smile: where are you doing your undergrad? x
Reply 3
Haha thanks! South America sounds amazing:smile: That's a really good idea, I probably should do that I'm really clueless about everything... Can I ask where you find information about the course content, I've been looking, but I feel like I'm missing something obvious! I don't really, I'm hoping I'll get some divine inspiration while doing the course:P My aunt lives in Bristol, thats kind of making my decision less brave haha!:smile: I'm doing my undergrad in University College Cork:smile: Do you've any idea what you want to do after?:smile: I've just realized that I need to start researching things too haha!
Reply 4
Hi guys,

I've got my interview on Friday so will hopefully be joining you in Sep for the MSc Health Psych. How did you find the interview itself? Also, did you manage to find any extra info on the programme outline etc? I can't offer any info on housing etc in Bath but I know that it's a lovely place.

Anyway, take care.

K
Reply 5
I only saw this now, hope your interview went well:smile:
Reply 6
Hi, I have an interview for the Bath Health Psychology MSc. I was just wondering what types of questions did they ask you guys? eeek!

Thanks in advance!
Reply 7
Original post by jwv123
Hi, I have an interview for the Bath Health Psychology MSc. I was just wondering what types of questions did they ask you guys? eeek!

Thanks in advance!

Just questions likes why health psychology and a bit about your experiences. I found the interview quite relaxed and enjoyable so I wouldn't be too worried. Good luck! Hopefully see you in Sep.
Reply 8
Hey everyone,

I also have an interview on the 14th, and if all goes well will be joining you in September! I saw a few people posted about housing, and I wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions? How is the university housing? Or is anyone interested in doing a flat share maybe (as it's pretty boring living alone in my opinion)?
Reply 9
Original post by Gubijev
Hey everyone,

I also have an interview on the 14th, and if all goes well will be joining you in September! I saw a few people posted about housing, and I wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions? How is the university housing? Or is anyone interested in doing a flat share maybe (as it's pretty boring living alone in my opinion)?

Hi, the interview wasn't too scary. I was asked things like 'why health Psy', 'where do you see your future career' and 'why bath'

i live in Bristol and will be commuting. Would be amazing if anyone else lived in Bristol too and was up for car sharing. . If not I'll prob be getting the train in. Looking forward to meeting you all in sep :smile:
Reply 10
Hi all,

I'm down to start the course in September 13. I'm very much looking forward to getting going with the course. I'm actually planning on doing it part-time, is there anyone else doing it PT? I also live in Bristol and would be keen to commute with others?

I look forward to meeting you all soon

Helen :smile:
Reply 11
Hello ,
Are you entering the course this September?

Quick Reply

Latest