The Student Room Group

A-Level you performed the worst in

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
General Studies :rofl:
Reply 61
Biology. In AS I got an A for my coursework and a U in my exam, managed to scrape an E overall. Not a clue why I decided to carry on with the subject into A-level and drop German instead, which was actually pretty good.
Reply 62
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
English Lit. What a terrible bloody A-Level.

Should've opted for Philosophy, Physics, or FM. Anything but English Lit.

I loved English at GCSE, walking into my first AS lesson thinking that I hated it.. I wasn't allowed to swap. Managed to get a B in the coursework and an E in the exam.. well done me for getting a grade D at AS woo!
Original post by anna__
I loved English at GCSE, walking into my first AS lesson thinking that I hated it.. I wasn't allowed to swap. Managed to get a B in the coursework and an E in the exam.. well done me for getting a grade D at AS woo!

I applied the exact same logic to taking it, what a bad mistake we made eh :tongue:
Reply 64
Geography (U). It was an oral exam, I hated the teachers, it was my first oral exam ever and I was nervous as ****.

I study Geography now. Yea, that makes sense...
Original post by Daniellejo.
Le Français. :colonhash:
I really don't know why I keep on taking it.

Original post by winningjojo
Join the club!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was my favourite subject and the A-Level subject I got the highest grade in. I guess it's something you either love or hate.
I can't really say which one was the worst, but French was my best subject; I got an A in that and Bs in Spanish, Maths and General Studies.
At AS I got my lowest grade in French, one of two subjects I actually really enjoy. I managed to get my second highest grade in terms of UMS in Economics which I hated with a passion, it got to the point I didn't bother revising for the exam because I was prepared for a U.

As you could imagine, I was not impressed when I saw my Economics result compared to my French result.
Reply 68
It was an AS but German. Leider ist mein Deutsch nicht so gut. :beerglass:
Original post by Mister Cery
Same here, I retook it friday morning and it was a pretty depressing experience.

I found it depressing last time, I thought it was a lot better this time. What texts do you do? The questions suited me as well, although I'm worried that I feel too confident and that the examiners will be too picky.
Original post by Xx.MissEG.xX
I found it depressing last time, I thought it was a lot better this time. What texts do you do? The questions suited me as well, although I'm worried that I feel too confident and that the examiners will be too picky.

Auden, The Great Gatsby, The Ancient Mariner and The Kite Runner: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
General Studies :laugh:
Original post by Mister Cery
Auden, The Great Gatsby, The Ancient Mariner and The Kite Runner: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Great Gatsby, Browning, Hardy and The Kite Runner.
Reply 74
AS Critical Thinking :colonhash::colonhash::colonhash:
General Studies. I got a 'U' grade at AS; it was just SO boring!
AS Maths. In year 12 I got a U overall. I'm retaking it this year and my target is a B (don't have a clue how).
However this year in AS we're doing mechanics rather than statistics which I've been told is easier. I hated stats.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Which a level did you get the lowest grade in ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
English Literature
Reply 79
Critical thinking: E for "Err.. can I pretend I didn't do the exam?" when applying for Cambridge.

Quick Reply

Latest