The Student Room Group

Internships & working experience

Hi,

I've a question about work experiences. I am an 11th grader at the moment, and I am preparing for unis.

The thing is, when I read other well written personal statements, they always have some work experiences related to their area of study. But the thing I don't understand is, they are really "working". meaning not an internship, but actually working in a company.

Does this mean that these personal statements are graduates wanting to do further studies, or do 12th graders actually work in a company??????

I personally want to study economics/business/management or something of this area, and if I want to get an internship or something, what should I do??
Reply 1
I... have no idea what you are talking about.

It would not be expected of you to have related paid employment before university. It is not expected that you've done an internship. Perhaps a small amount of work experience or a part time job will be the only common things, i assure you.
Original post by SPark9625
Hi,

I've a question about work experiences. I am an 11th grader at the moment, and I am preparing for unis.

The thing is, when I read other well written personal statements, they always have some work experiences related to their area of study. But the thing I don't understand is, they are really "working". meaning not an internship, but actually working in a company.

Does this mean that these personal statements are graduates wanting to do further studies, or do 12th graders actually work in a company??????

I personally want to study economics/business/management or something of this area, and if I want to get an internship or something, what should I do??

These people are likely not working but doing work experience and it's certainly not necessary for economics and Cambridge/ E&M or PPE at Oxford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending