The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

People applying for Sheffield Hallam Uni 2014

Is there anyone on here that is applying for Sheffield Hallam Uni next year? I wanna get to know the people who are going..
---
Connect to Sheffield Hallam here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
sup guys ima second year staying in opal one, so ill be around everything and if anyone is down there early im there from the 7th so if you wanna meet up i know my way aroundand know where the best places for everything is, so feel free to add me on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/joshBateson1992
just wanna make as many friends in as many places as possible this year, with that its one hell of a ride. by the way i am retaking first year biochemistry if anyone is on that??
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi!
I see that it has been a while since you posted, but anyway ...
I'm applying for Sheffield Hallam for courses beginning in 2014. I want to study Biology.
So what course are you applying for ??
Reply 3
Hi, i got my unconditional to study Events Management with Tourism last week:smile: taking a gap year though! Whats everyone studying?
Hi, I am applying to do Sports Development with coaching, need 280 points. anyone else Applying for this course ??
Reply 5
Hey im applying for next year, hopefully will be doing adult nursing? Does anyone know how good the accommodation is in sheffield and the ones to avoid?
Reply 6
Hey
Im applying at Sheffield hallam too, hoping i get a place haha. phoenix court is good for a budget but its small and the kitchens a bit ****e with no communal area (my boyfriend lives there) but its really cheap and the rooms are nice plus the location is amazing! you want to stay in an area like that, ones that are more expensive but nicer are devonshire courtyard and victoria halls. sheffiled hallam have a whole accommodation site where you can actually view the property.
How long ago did you send your ucas off and have you heard anything back from them?
Reply 7
Yeh ive heard victoria halls is a good accommodation to go for, i have also been looking at centrual quay is a nice halls! I sent my ucas a couple of weeks ago, i dont think i will hear back till january time :frown: what course are you hoping to study next year?
Reply 8
If people are looking for accommodation - I've got friends who are studying still who live at Park Student Village. It's a lovely little gated community, brilliant common room (AMAZING cinema room inside!) and you get a lot for your money as I know I paid over the odds for what I got in Sheffield.

I'm down there a bit, visiting mates, but if I'd stayed at uni I'd have definitely stopped there.

If anyone has any questions, just ask as I know a bit about Sheffield and Hallam halls of residence. I was a ticket rep for 3 years so I've been in all halls and I used to study at Hallam too :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Natasha1190
Yeh ive heard victoria halls is a good accommodation to go for, i have also been looking at centrual quay is a nice halls! I sent my ucas a couple of weeks ago, i dont think i will hear back till january time :frown: what course are you hoping to study next year?

Im hoping to study Adult nursing! and yeah i know, the waiting is already killing me hahaha, hope you get on to the course, what are you wanting to do? victoria halls are really nice tbh, huge enquited rooms which are cheap.
Original post by caitlynn
Im hoping to study Adult nursing! and yeah i know, the waiting is already killing me hahaha, hope you get on to the course, what are you wanting to do? victoria halls are really nice tbh, huge enquited rooms which are cheap.

Oh thats awesome, same here im hoping adult nursing too, yeh i hate the waiting but i think we get a welcome pack sent from ucas once you send it off, i just cant wait to get things rolling but i do dread the interview proccess, yeh definitely i hope you get on too, best of luck. Im not too worried on the price of halls im hoping the loan and nhs busery will help with that, i just hope i get halls with other nurses i think it will make things a lot easier.
Reply 11
Original post by Natasha1190
Oh thats awesome, same here im hoping adult nursing too, yeh i hate the waiting but i think we get a welcome pack sent from ucas once you send it off, i just cant wait to get things rolling but i do dread the interview proccess, yeh definitely i hope you get on too, best of luck. Im not too worried on the price of halls im hoping the loan and nhs busery will help with that, i just hope i get halls with other nurses i think it will make things a lot easier.

oooh well hopefully i meet you at sheffield hallam one day then! and yeah ive heard some horror stories about the nhs bursaries so im quite nervous about it, im entitled to the full amount whether i get it will be another story haha. Good luck, get back in contact when you have interviews at places!! :smile:
Original post by caitlynn
oooh well hopefully i meet you at sheffield hallam one day then! and yeah ive heard some horror stories about the nhs bursaries so im quite nervous about it, im entitled to the full amount whether i get it will be another story haha. Good luck, get back in contact when you have interviews at places!! :smile:

Yeh definitely i will pop back on when i find out or if i get an interview wont be long! Yeh same ive heard its a bit funny when you apply for accommodation as nhs busary is payed differently! Who knows, best of luck :smile:
Original post by mik94
Hi, i got my unconditional to study Events Management with Tourism last week:smile: taking a gap year though! Whats everyone studying?

Hey I'm looking at studying Events Management at Sheffield Hallam next year, not yet been to an open day but the course seems perfect for me!
Has Sheffield Hallam got good nightlife? The course I want to do is really good but I don't know about the nightlife?
I'm applying for events management here too. Going to be my first choice as well most probably.
Reply 16
has anyone applied to do Nursing at Sheffield Hallam?

Has anyone heard anything from them?
Original post by ellie4evva
has anyone applied to do Nursing at Sheffield Hallam?

Has anyone heard anything from them?

Im applying to do adult nursing :smile:, i havnt heard anything, my application is still at my college! I just want it sent of now, have you heard anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck! Have you applied yet and have they got back to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I have applied for adult nursing at Sheffield Hallam and got a letter yesterday saying I had been selected for an interview my interview is next Saturday :smile:

Quick Reply