The Student Room Group

Anyone planning to travel alone in 2013?

Hey are any of you TSRians planning to travel alone this year? I'd love to know, I am, as I did last year!

So yeah, any of you guys planning to travel alone :P?

Scroll to see replies

I've been considering it, it will be the first time I've travelled alone but I will probably stay at a hostel if I do.

Where did you go?
Reply 2
If I can find the money and can't find anyone else to go with then I will. Company can be nice but if you want to go somewhere enough you won't let it stop you.
Yeahhh buddy
Reply 4
Hell yeah, where you off too?
Reply 5
Hey! :biggrin: I'm planning a solo trip to asia! Any tips? You all sound really experienced, and I have pretty much no idea what to expect! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
I'm hoping to do some travelling this year, but not sure about the alone part. I haven't even been travelling in this country alone so hoping to try going with someone else before I venture alone.
Yes I am! :biggrin: Flying out to Thailand on the 15th of April and return back to the UK in August! Exciteddddddd!!
Reply 8
Yep, currently saving to visit the kangarous next december with a WHV. Can't wait for a wild life, aha
Yes I am travelling solo to Asia! Doing some flying first, to fuel my passion for aviation, and then settling down in the tropics.

Found a hotel called Tune Hotel - Downtown Kuala Lumpur which is just £12 per night, which means I can spend a month there for less than £400! :biggrin: The rooms have wifi, lcd tv aircon, bath amenities etc all built into this price (without these add-ons, the price is even cheaper).

However, on my own for that long, I would be better finding a hostel? Otherwise I may go mad, like living in prison?
Reply 10
Most probably, to London.
I'm solo travelling major north american cities for a month after my last a-level exam, very exciting!
I've done a lot of asia before with family and got very rural so decided that it was time to conquer urban.
Reply 12
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Yes I am travelling solo to Asia! Doing some flying first, to fuel my passion for aviation, and then settling down in the tropics.

Found a hotel called Tune Hotel - Downtown Kuala Lumpur which is just £12 per night, which means I can spend a month there for less than £400! :biggrin: The rooms have wifi, lcd tv aircon, bath amenities etc all built into this price (without these add-ons, the price is even cheaper).

However, on my own for that long, I would be better finding a hostel? Otherwise I may go mad, like living in prison?

Passion for aviation and travel - I like! Kuala Lumpur sounds amazing, very jealous. Enjoy! :biggrin:
Reply 13
im going travelling around australia in october! alone!exciting.
Reply 14
I'm travelling along the east coast of the US in March/April. My first time going it alone :excited:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
I'm travelling around Australia from June till August this year by myself! Even though i'll probably die i'm so so excited
Original post by Bethan.94
I'm travelling around Australia from June till August this year by myself! Even though i'll probably die i'm so so excited

Hahahaha I love this! It's exactly how I feel :tongue:
I would really love to travel this year but I simply don't have the money. I'm considering going Interrailing with a friend but that's going to cost me enough as it is.
A couple of my friends and I are going interrailing :smile:
Reply 19
How much do you think i would need for a couple of months in thailand/ SE Asia. I want to go there for the summer and id like to have a budget in mind. any help is much appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest