The Student Room Group

Opinions on Hunter Wellies

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CRIKEY12
no good for fat calves

They do back adjustable ones too for bigger calves
Reply 21
ah, must be a "new" idea I bought nine 1980s they are still good but I can't wear them. Daughter uses
I think you're just paying a ridiculous amount of money for a little label on the front of your wellies; they're no better faring than cheapo wellies to be quite honest. And the whole reason for wellies is so that your other shoes don't get ruined due to weather/mud/etc so I don't really see the point in spending more than necessary.
Reply 23
Hunters are nice wellies, however they are not warm. I have two pairs and wear them for farmwork and have to wear several pairs of socks with them, however they have lasted for several years and thats for lambing, dairy and riding etc so have been well used. I wouldn't wear them into town though as it does look a bit stupid even in a country town but I tend to wear my dubarrys for that (leather wellies basically) which despite the cost are very much worth, very warm good boots for any weather, mine have even been worn to interviews and on dates with the boyfriend after a day of riding and walking as they clean up really well.
Reply 24
Original post by popnit
Did anyone find the original hunter ones are slightly big around the calf?

I can only think I was OBESE as a yound person! Nope the opposite was true!
Reply 25
It makes me laugh, I'm walking to lectures and suddenly seeing so many people in Hunter wellies, for just a bit of snow on the ground. If you wore them on a regular basis, they'd be destroyed, as said above, production has been moved to China. Best decision I've made is not buying some Hunter wellies, and buying some Duberry style boots instead. Although I am starting to see some of them creeping into fashion now... Immaculately clean and unworn, of course! :rolleyes:
Original post by Renesmee
It makes me laugh, I'm walking to lectures and suddenly seeing so many people in Hunter wellies, for just a bit of snow on the ground. If you wore them on a regular basis, they'd be destroyed, as said above, production has been moved to China. Best decision I've made is not buying some Hunter wellies, and buying some Duberry style boots instead. Although I am starting to see some of them creeping into fashion now... Immaculately clean and unworn, of course! :rolleyes:

It does make me laugh when you see the shiny new branded wellies people sport when walking round campus!
Original post by popnit
I'm thinking of ordering some Hunter wellies and wanted to know how good they actually are. They're my first pair so I don't know but I know people that have them and they're very happy with them.

Also, are they suitable to wear on days when it doesn't rain and it's just cold because they're very cosy apparently haha!

Thanks

Me and my sister have had Hunters for about 4 years. My sister has worn hers so much the label has come of the front. When we bought them we bought them as seconds and they are still fine.
I think it must be that the company that took them over is obviously shoddy, and the prices have gone up so much. I think if I had to buy new wellies now I’d probably go for some Muck Boots next, after a review from this site. I wouldhave got Hunter balmoral but I am not convinced now! I just hope my originalpair have a few more years left in them!I often go with the middle range when buying stuffs unless a very significant add-on is included. I don’t want to be paying some rich guy some royalties or bring extra funds for the marketing department.
Reply 28
Original post by amor_Ber1
Me and my sister have had Hunters for about 4 years. My sister has worn hers so much the label has come of the front. When we bought them we bought them as seconds and they are still fine.
I think it must be that the company that took them over is obviously shoddy, and the prices have gone up so much. I think if I had to buy new wellies now I’d probably go for some Muck Boots next, after a review from this site. I wouldhave got Hunter balmoral but I am not convinced now! I just hope my originalpair have a few more years left in them!I often go with the middle range when buying stuffs unless a very significant add-on is included. I don’t want to be paying some rich guy some royalties or bring extra funds for the marketing department.

This thread is from 2013 bro...

Quick Reply

Latest