The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi Jim,

I can see you've kindly sent this to quite a lot of people already, but I would be UNBELIEVABLY grateful if you
could send me the table and list of last yeas questions too? Thank you!!!

Rebecca
Hi,

I'm sorry to ask but could you email it to me too, please?

THANK YOU!
Christ, what a fine collection of people who want their work done for them. If you cannot grasp GDL-level EU law, you shouldn't be becoming a solicitor or barrister.
Why not just do a straight off law degree??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by fudgecake22
Why not just do a straight off law degree??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Several reasons. But the GDL is recognised by the SRA as an appropriate prerequisite for undertaking the LPC. Money is usually a factor (not that the GDL is cheap either at the BPP or UoL) but also time. More people seem to be bringing themselves to Law later on. Then there's a new scheme on Apprenticeships and schemes for Paralegals to become Solicitors even though they haven't had a training contract. It's getting more complex as the powers that be try to make Law seem more inclusive.
Original post by Jim Jeffries
Someone in my group at BPP put together a table of all the cases and a summary of all the questions last year. Email me and I'll send it over. You might find it useful. The EU test is actually a lot easier than you think and many of the questions are repeated!

Hi Jim , Im doing the GDL BPP MCT,

I know you have sent the list of cases and questions to a lot of people already but I was wondering if you could send me the lists?

I can PM you my e-mail address.

Thanks very much!

Franklin
Reply 26
Hi Jim,

I'm currently studying the GDL at BPP and am revising for the EU MCT exam too. If you could send me the list of cases I would be very grateful! I've send you my email address in a PM.

Many thanks!
Reply 27
I am no expert but I highly doubt that EU is as difficult as everyone makes out - it's not the 'hardest' module according to a friend who did the GDL three years ago, just the fact it is MCT makes it daunting.

No experience though, I might be on here begging for help in a few months...
Reply 28
It's not the content of the module that is difficult to grasp, it is the sheer volume of information to remember (cases, articles, directives, regulations etc), coupled with the fact that the questions in the practise MCT are completely random and it is very difficult to predict what themes will come up in the exam.

In short, you need to know everything.

Good luck..!
If anyone received that document PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send it to me too. I can PM my email address. I'm so ill right now I literally need all the help possible to at least pass this exam. Thank you!!!
Reply 30
Heyo sorry to be a pain too but could I also put in a request for the case list please. It'd be a tremendous help! I can give my email by PM or if you've been doing it another way that works too
Hi Jim,

Sorry to be a pain but if you could email to me too (or if anyone else reading might have it) would be hugely appreciated. I will PM you my email.

Many Thanks
Has anyone actually got this case list? I feel it may be one huge joke? (If not, I would very much appreciate it if anybody could send it to me!)
Original post by Athelstan
Has anyone actually got this case list? I feel it may be one huge joke? (If not, I would very much appreciate it if anybody could send it to me!)

I think it's just some joke tbh.
Reply 34
If anyone has it, please PM!
Reply 35
Hi Jim like everyone else im so nervous as i havent done an exam or test on last 14 years so in a bit of panic mode any help or advice will be much welcome.
Vik
No one ever recieved it vik525. I've done the exam though. Make sure you revise your cases and be confident! It wasn't too hard :smile:
Cases are the most important thing!
Reply 37
Could you send me the EU case list plz

Cheers
Reply 38
Hi I'm struggling with EU mcq, could you help me anyway, please.
Hi can you send me any past papers. i would be grateful.

Cheers!

Latest

Trending

Trending