The Student Room Group

Most addictive game.

Title says it all. What is the most addictive game/series you've played.

Mine is football manager without a shadow of a doubt. Played over 2 months in the game over the past 13 months in real game time.

Scroll to see replies

Game as in like Xbox or whatever? Can I contribute cut the rope to this..? :wink:
Reply 2
I have recently got a new laptop so I am need to see which games can run on it. That said, I have OTTD which can be addictive.

I found GTA, Just Cause 2 Fallout 3 and New Vegas addictive too
(edited 11 years ago)
Halo 4. I have no idea why.
Reply 4
That clicking helicopter game with the green walls...
Reply 5
Call of Duty 4 is probably the only game I've ever, truly being addicted to. Don't know if it's because of the age I was when it came out but Cod4 is still the greatest online experience I've had so far.
Football Manager's addictive.
The Godfather Five Families, don't start playing it, I lost days before my dad actually took my laptop off me
Conquist (essentially Risk, but an app and with online multiplayer mode). It's epic.
Reply 9
Original post by Lizzie232
That clicking helicopter game with the green walls...

oh gawd, that game was so frustratingly addicting.
Original post by MrJiggly
oh gawd, that game was so frustratingly addicting.

I know! And now I have it on my phone...not sure why I would do that to myself!
Sims3. I spent 11 hours straight on it once and didn't realise until the sun came up and it was time for school. Oh I miss those times.

EDIT: It was actually 13 hours.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Politricks
I found Runescape to be a very addictive game, though I don't play it now.

Ahh...those hours splashed on picking flax, cutting willows, fishing lobsters and killing green dragons...

yep definitely runescape :smile:
i think i spent more time attempting to pk and luring people into the wild that doing anything else. as there is no limit to when you can actually 'complete' the game you could just play endlessly merchanting fishing sharks etc without ever getting bored .
Sims 2 I can play it for hours and make loads of movies and storylines.
Reply 14
Original post by thegreenchildren
Sims3. I spent 11 hours straight on it once and didn't realise until the sun came up and it was time for school. Oh I miss those times.

I have it on the PS3 and I also found it addictive.
Reply 15
Yeah any console.

I have my reasons for football manager. I think that I've based my life around it personally, every day thinking about the next game, the next player I'm getting through the youth squad, the new tactics I'm going to use for the season.

Fifa deserves a mention too but unlike football manager I get bored when I win a lot of games.

I've heard sims can get people to go into mums basement too.

Oh and I spent 18 hours on FM straight to finish a season.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
Of all time, probably Runescape, it's the only game I ever played 11 hours straight without stopping. I don't miss those times.

In the last year, Dragon Age: Origins, I waited to get my new PC before I played it and I completed it after playing about 46 hours in a week, really great game.
Reply 17
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Sims 3
Heavy Rain
Bejewelled then WaW.
Erm... I have spent way too many hours on Skyrim... and Dragon Age: Origins. And Mass Effect, actually :colondollar:

Still don't think I've beaten how many times I played Pokemon Crystal on my Gameboy Advance though :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest