The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Would I still get into Manchester with these grades?

I have an offer from Manchester for American studies if I get grades ABB. I honestly think I will achieve A*AC. Do you think I would still be able to go with these grades? Thanks guys :rolleyes::rolleyes:
They don't have to take you, and whether or not you get in will depend more on other people, including
- if they have filled all the spaces with people who did meet their offer
- if others have missed their offer by a smaller margin
- if they believe that they can get better candidates through clearing / adjustment.

Essentially the only way to guarantee getting in is to meet your offer and get ABB+, anything else is in the lap of the gods.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
No.
Original post by Wingsonadick
No.

More like yes. I've emailed someone at Manchester Uni a few weeks ago asking if A*BB was acceptable for AAB, and the reply was that it was acceptable, as Manchester is 'a big university, so very flexible too'.
A*AC is also 1 grade shift better than ABB, so it would seem more than acceptable.
Original post by LewisRichardson
More like yes. I've emailed someone at Manchester Uni a few weeks ago asking if A*BB was acceptable for AAB, and the reply was that it was acceptable, as Manchester is 'a big university, so very flexible too'.
A*AC is also 1 grade shift better than ABB, so it would seem more than acceptable.

I've also got a flatmate who's offer for physics was A*AA (I think) and who got in with AAAC.

But OP, you would need to check. Just because it's happened for some people in some subjects, it doesn't mean that it applies everywhere, for everyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending