The Student Room Group

work related questions

I get a holiday from work every two weeks, I booked last Monday off as a holiday would it have a bad affect on me keeping my job if I took Next Wednesday off as a holiday? Could they fire me for booking too many holidays?

I got an agency meeting next week, would it be wrong to ask the agency if there will be tests involved?
Normally, when you want to book time off work, you submit a request to your agency/manager/employer. Provided there is no business reason to refuse your request (i.e they will be short staffed, you've not given enough notice etc.) and provided it is within your annual holiday entitlement (i.e you usually get x number of days holiday each year), then they should approve your request.

If you request 'too many days' off, then your manager/employer/agency will deny the request and give you a reason why. They certainly wouldn't fire you just for asking.

As for your second question, no it wouldn't be wrong. If anything, it shows that you want to be well prepared (although I'm not sure what you mean by 'agency meeting'- is this an interview?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending