The Student Room Group

Frank Lampard Vs Steven Gerrard Poll

Poll

Who is better, Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard?

Overall who in your opinion is the better player?

Stats football club (S)
Lampard
Appearances total = (540), goals total = (195)
Previous clubs prior to that, Appearances = (179), goals total (40)

Gerrard
Appearances total = (559), goals total = (160)

National team records - discarding U21 record
Lampard total appearances (93), goals total (26)
Gerrard total appearances (100), goals total (19)

Honours with clubs:
Lampard -
UEFA Intertoto Cup: 1, EPL: 3, FA CUP: 4, LG CUP: 2, FA C.Shield: 2
and UEFA Champions League: 1. Total = 13 (12) at Chelsea.

Gerrard -
FA Cup: 2, LG Cup: 3, FA C.Shield: 2, UEFA Champions League: 1,
UEFA Super Cup: 2 and UEFA Cup: 1. Total = 11

Undoubtedly the 2 of the best midfielder in the entire last decade of football.
What is your view on who is better, this question has been asked many a times!
If there is anything wrong in the data please let me know! Much Appreciated

Updated as of: 21/01/13 - 22:30.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think Gerrard is considerably better than Lampard. Frank doesn't have as much raw ability or influence, i think his goal record is a sign of how selfish he is in terms of shooting and staying up the pithc for the glory.
Reply 2
Frank takes every penalty for chelsea and scores a lot of them.. He scores a lot more tap ins as well. Still a quality player but no one can be compared to Stevie dude
Reply 3
Original post by Fusion
I think Gerrard is considerably better than Lampard. Frank doesn't have as much raw ability or influence, i think his goal record is a sign of how selfish he is in terms of shooting and staying up the pithc for the glory.

Could agree with you to a certain extent, he is very urgent to break the most club goals for Chelsea. He has been taking a few too many shots lately.
Reply 4
Gerrard AINEC.
Reply 5
Original post by Sharks
Frank takes every penalty for chelsea and scores a lot of them.. He scores a lot more tap ins as well. Still a quality player but no one can be compared to Stevie dude

Fairly true, but to have done that for since the age of 17 is pretty insane.
Steven Gerrard has scored vital and significant goals for Liverpool, insane long-ranged goals in finals, that's a feature of Gerrard which differentiates him in his own rights from Lampard.
I think Lampard has consistently performed for a longer period of time, and been a valuable part of Chelsea, he's also scored goals at important times.

Gerrard on the other hard is less consistent, but on his day far surpasses most players (including Lampard), he has the ability to influence entire games and is very talented.
Both world class midfielders, can't separate them apart! Both engines, and both are clinical finishers!
Reply 8
Original post by cleveradam
Fairly true, but to have done that for since the age of 17 is pretty insane.
Steven Gerrard has scored vital and significant goals for Liverpool, insane long-ranged goals in finals, that's a feature of Gerrard which differentiates him in his own rights from Lampard.

Also the fact that he is a better passer and actually contributes to his team defensively.
Reply 9
Offensively - Lamps.

All round ability - Gerrard.
Lampard, he did come 2nd in the Ballon D'or. His leadership, his work rate, his passing and goal scoring ability, all second to none. He's the only Premier League midfielder to pass the 150 goal mark, currently on 195. He's Chelsea's player of the year three times, he's 2nd in the Premier League's all time assists table with 91, and was named the Premier League's player of the decade (2000>2010).

Gerrard whilst still an excellent player, I've found he's faded away a bit since Benitez left the club in 2010.

They are the two best English midfield players ever, easily. This picture says a thousand words:

092flowersDM_468x442.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Just imagine if they could've both played together at their prime with the current England team, never really seen them together playing for England :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
Lampard, he did come 2nd in the Ballon D'or. His leadership, his work rate, his passing and goal scoring ability, all second to none. He's the only Premier League midfielder to pass the 150 goal mark, currently on 195. He's Chelsea's player of the year three times, he's 2nd in the Premier League's all time assists table with 91, and was named the Premier League's player of the decade (2000>2010).

Gerrard whilst still an excellent player, I've found he's faded away a bit since Benitez left the club in 2010.

They are the two best English midfield players ever, easily. This picture says a thousand words:

092flowersDM_468x442.jpg

Wow what match was this? (the image) I presume the legendary 5-4 champions league draw?
Just imagine if they could've both played together at their prime with the current England team, never really seen them together playing for England :frown:

When they played together they could never gel properly with the midfield diamond we had, it always had to be one or the other, massive shame really
Reply 14
Clicked wrong, meant to click Lampard.
I'd rather have Lampard now. But at their peaks I'd have Gerrard. Gerrard relied on his drive more than Lampard, which has gone over the last few years. He's still got a quality right foot and is a good player though.
Reply 16
There is only one winner. No surprise that nearly all of Lampards votes come from Chelsea fans.
Reply 17
Really hoping that both players get new or extended contracts, don't want them to leave the EPL.
Wow what match was this? (the image) I presume the legendary 5-4 champions league draw?

It was the 3–4 (agg) in the 2007/08 UCL. Lampard's mother had died just a few days before the match, hence the flowers.
Gerrard. The guy has/had the lot. Shooting, tackling, passing and an inspirational presence to boot.

Quick Reply

Latest