The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Girl to Guy Ratio

Hey!

I'm looking to study abroad at SOAS next year and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how hard it is for girls tofind... eligible bachelors... considering that the ratio is a little off. Combined with the fact that I'm hearing mixed reviews about the social life, I'm wondering whether SOAS is the right uni for me considering the level of partying and dating I've come to expect at my uni back home in Boston.

Thanks!
Reply 1
It's true that there's more girls than guys, and in the words of my flatmate: "why are they all GAY?!"

I wouldn't recommend picking a university based on how likely you are to pull, but if it's a big consideration for you then don't worry because outside of SOAS the whole of London is your oyster.

If you want the typical go out most nights a week and get extremely drunk and party hard all the time then SOAS probably isn't the right choice. However there is a social scene and you don't have to limit yourself to just SOAS - there's plenty of clubs, pubs, etc. all over London and plenty of intercollegiate stuff. It's a great place to study as well for what it offers, but it's not exactly the most well known univeristy in the UK for crazy parties.
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending