Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Yes - but I was thinking of law PhDs
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
I'm a current Law PhD (also did the LLM at Cambridge), just give a shout if you want any info on anything.
Original post by effloresce_
I'm a current Law PhD (also did the LLM at Cambridge), just give a shout if you want any info on anything.

Did you get a First? I did my LLM at Cambridge but missed a First by a couple marks. Is a First a compulsory requirement?
Original post by hopeful-uni
Did you get a First? I did my LLM at Cambridge but missed a First by a couple marks. Is a First a compulsory requirement?

IN addition to my high 2:1, I have some publications in the pipeline (one accepted for publication and some decisions outstanding) and have two years experience at a University.

I am not interested in practice - only academia.
Original post by hopeful-uni
IN addition to my high 2:1, I have some publications in the pipeline (one accepted for publication and some decisions outstanding) and have two years experience at a University.

I am not interested in practice - only academia.

Going to PM you!
Reply 25
Quick Q- I've been asked to attend interview by the Law Fac at Cam...anyone have any experience with this?!
Re-igniting the thread on behalf of a friend.

He did his masters at Cam and missed the first class degree. However, he has 4 years experience and very good references including one of the Law Faculty course convenors for the subject in which his thesis falls.

Is there any hope of admission to the Law PHD?
Original post by LegalDiaries
Re-igniting the thread on behalf of a friend.

He did his masters at Cam and missed the first class degree. However, he has 4 years experience and very good references including one of the Law Faculty course convenors for the subject in which his thesis falls.

Is there any hope of admission to the Law PHD?

There's hope. It depends on the quality of his research proposal, the strength of his references and his ability to find funding. Most PhD offers require 67%+ at Master level.

Latest

Trending

Trending