The Student Room Group

Law degree study/revision help

Hi guys, first post so not sure if this is the correct forum or if I should have put this in the universities help forum, sorry if I got it wrong!

Just wondering how any law degree students revise? Previously I have always tried to use my lecture notes and textbook but always swung towards the textbook because it goes into a lot more detail than my lecture notes. However my style is terrible - I feel like I have to learn everything so I spend hours typing notes from my textbook finishing just in time for the exam.

I know this isn't efficient for learning but I feel like I'll miss vital information otherwise or read something and then forget where I found it and have to read the whole section again to find it!

I'd like to spend more time reading case reports and journal articles so I guess I'm mainly wondering how others use their textbooks during term/for revising, the amount of emphasis on textbook compared to lecture notes/journals. Whether you read the full sections in the textbook and makes a small amount of notes or whether you read through selected parts of those sections then move on to lecture notes and journals?

I am now into my third year at uni and I really want to get it right this year and stop hitting mid 2:2s and low 2:1s!

Thanks in advance for your help!
Reply 1
what modules do you study?
Reply 2
This term I'm doing family, trusts, company and corporate insolvency.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending