The Student Room Group
Reply 1
This module frustrates me the most! Everything I learn seems to be of no use! WHY?
Reply 2
Ah its pretty easy once you relax a bit.

Its the source paper, right? So essentially all the info you need is there. It helps to know some background stuff though. Look it up on Wikipedia, I'll just give you some pointers.

1517 31st Oct: 95 Theses
1520 Exsurge Domine (Papal bull of excommunication)
1521 Diet of Worms (and edict)
(Read up about Elector Frederick the Wise kidnapping Luther and keeping him safe in the Wartburg Castle too... translations of bible and hallucinations with the devil there.)
1526 Diet of Speyer

That should get you started.
What time is it going up to? The module I studied covered the Lutheran Reformation up until 1555 but I know there is one on OCR (?) that ends around 1530.
Reply 4
Yes, mine is until 1555 and it's an essay paper (Edexcel)
Hmmm, unfortunately it appears my Lutheran timeline and notes are all on my recently deceased computer. I have an essay or two from an AQA course on this one but that is all.
oh dear, why not use a good old fashioned pen and paper, then johnstuartmill!! Mine lasted longer than that, I'll see if i can give you a few pointers, last years history WAS of some use, let me see

*goes to find last years history folder*
heya! i did the paper in january but I'm retaking this June and hopefully I can boost my grade up a bit!

they r taking the first question off the paper this time round though, so we only have question b and c... the horrible ones!!

Ive sort of started revising the early stuff but i really dont wana revise the later stuff!!!! wts the diet of speyer?? was that in 1529??? ooh dear, need 2 revise!!!! xxxxx
Reply 8
I'm taking this exam. I haven't heard anything about the removal of the Section A question where you are asked to explaim a reference to contextualise a reference given in one of the sources. Are you sure? I'm going to investigate.

Many thanks for psoting this.
Reply 9
Many thanks. I've now found the relevent information. It affects the way I will prepare, so I really appreciate your initial post.
Stagestruckgal
oh dear, why not use a good old fashioned pen and paper, then johnstuartmill!! Mine lasted longer than that, I'll see if i can give you a few pointers, last years history WAS of some use, let me see

*goes to find last years history folder*

I have printed versions but those aren't very much good to someone who I don't know and doesn't live particularly near me :p:
yeah, alright then. I knew you would have an answer for everything johnstuartmill! Im sorry no future, i must have thrown out my history folder, i cant find it!! but what Pandy said is all relevant. so just relax a bit and it will all be ok in the end. good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending