The Student Room Group

I dont think i want to marry or have kids! Is it bad?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by chrishy2012
this thing bothers me, cause all my friends talk how they want to get married and all but i dont.
I just dont like the idea of living with this one man the whole of my life! Men tend to irritate me (no offence) quite quickly.
Since im asians, i would only be allowed to marry someone of my own race. And like most girls of my own race know, asians men think they're better than us women (well most anyway).
I dont mind kids but i would rather adopt to be honest!

anyone feel the same

ps-im straight :smile:

you know what kind of replies you're gonna get on tsr..
There's nothing wrong with it at all, it's your life so you can do want you want and don't let anyone else tell you different. I personally want to get married but I don't want children and people think that's weird, but I don't care :smile:
im 20 years old and i always say that i dont care if i get married it doesn't matter and that i am never having kids coz i dont like kids (translation i love my only nephew but any other kids can eff off), now it is true i dont really like kids i find them annoying, spoilt and screamy and just unpleasent to be around BUT i think (ok i say 'i think' more like 'i know') the reason i say these things so much is im scared im not going to find somebody who wants to marry me and have kids with me, maybe thats what is wrong or maybe your just somebody who doesnt want those things, just because thats what is exspected of you to want out of life doesnt mean that you do also people want different things at different points in their life some people want to have kids and get married straight out of school some wait untill there 30 everybody is different and wants different things
Reply 23
Original post by Obscure One
I totally agree with you on that one! It really annoys me. This traditional mentality of sticking women in the kitchen etc does my head in big time!

But I suppose it is your life, so do want you want. :smile: Do not feel pressurized by anyone. And you never know, if a special someone comes into your life, your view might change. :wink:

Glad u feel the same way! At least im not the only one!
Reply 24
Original post by rainbow.panda
There's nothing wrong with it at all, it's your life so you can do want you want and don't let anyone else tell you different. I personally want to get married but I don't want children and people think that's weird, but I don't care :smile:

thats not weird, you do what u want!
Reply 25
Original post by bong
you know what kind of replies you're gonna get on tsr..

actually i didnt know i was going to get your reply
Reply 26
Original post by beccarose
I grew up thinking I couldn't wait to be a mum, have a husband, children etc. Now I am so determined to do well in my dream career, it doesn't seem as appealing and doesn't really interest me anymore. I'm not even bothered about having a boyfriend, or going on dates - I'm just focused on my studies, work and friends:smile:. Though I think when I am quite a bit older and have achieved my goals I might change my mind:smile:.

So no you're not alone... at least not at the moment!

And I think adoptions a great idea, the popularity of adoption is decreasing whilst unfortunately the numbers of children needing adoption isn't.

OMG thats what im like! I always think about what my future career will be like and all! And i guess if u dont marry u have the sence of freeness (if thats a word)! And btw do u know if we're allowed to adopt even though we dont have a partner
Reply 27
I dont mind kids but i would rather adopt to be honest!

Me too. :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by es.c
All the posts saying "your rules, your life" etc have no concept of the lethality of an Asian family.

i agree
Reply 29
Original post by ZRO
Waits for the "shouldn't you be in the kitchen making me a sandwich" jokes

On a serious note, why would you want to adopt a child if you are perfectly capable of having children? I'm not meaning this in an offensive way but is it because your scared of childbirth or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

U can make a real difference in the life of an innocent child and ull feel good once, he/she grows up, has a job, gets married or not ... Im not scared of childbirth but pregnacy and childbirth does creep me out a bit to be honest!
LOL i wasnt expecting that 'joke'
Reply 30
Thank you everyone! I just had the chance to read the posts you posted now and its good to say im not the only one feeling the same way! Guess people have different views on everything like adoptation and marriage
Reply 31
OMG thats what im like! I always think about what my future career will be like and all! And i guess if u dont marry u have the sence of freeness (if thats a word)! And btw do u know if we're allowed to adopt even though we dont have a partner

Haha definitely! :smile:

Yeah you are, obviously there's still regulations you have to follow, and lots of questions you have to answer etc but you're not at a disadvantage for being a single parent-to-be lol:smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending