The Student Room Group

Biology Exam BLY2H JANUARY 2013!

Hiya! I'm Jess. Just made myself a TSR account, purely so I could ask all of you others who sat this GCSE exam today how you found it? Which questions did you find particularly difficult, how did you answer them, and if anyone has an un-official mark scheme? Personally, question 1-c) about the plant tissues and their functions was the one which had me stumped. I had not revised that at all! Hope everyone did okay. Let me know! :smile:
I made a mistake on the one about how the oxygen gets to cell through blood question because I said about diffusion but not about red blood cells also the 2nd part of that question the one on how enzymes are made etc X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aysha Ahmed
I made a mistake on the one about how the oxygen gets to cell through blood question because I said about diffusion but not about red blood cells also the 2nd part of that question the one on how enzymes are made etc X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah right! I spoke about both, purely cause I had no idea what answer they were looking for! and yeah, it took about 10 precious minutes to make the connection that... the energy released through respiration (in the mitochondria) can be used to build up larger molecules from smaller ones ie proteins from amino acids. this building up takes place in the ribosomes. enzymes are proteins! to be fair that's probably wrong but hey! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending