The Student Room Group

De Montfort adult nursing September 2013

Hi all.. First post! Had my interview at dmu on 10th of Jan. I've only applied for dmu and the wait to hear back is killing me..

Anyone else applied for this? Had your interview? Been offered a place/rejected?
Cassie x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by mrsgreensmith
Hi all.. First post! Had my interview at dmu on 10th of Jan. I've only applied for dmu and the wait to hear back is killing me..

Anyone else applied for this? Had your interview? Been offered a place/rejected?
Cassie x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have got mine on Thursday as well!! on the 31st of Jan 2013. Any help with interview questions please?
Reply 2
It's very relaxed and everyone is friendly. First they check certificates etc and then they give you a scenario and you get a bit of time to think about it then in the interview they ask you what you notice in the scenario and what you would do if you were looking at that person as a nurse then it moved onto asking what the role of a nurse is, what you will find difficult and how you will overcome it, asking you if you've seen anything in the media that may affect nurses and how it is affecting themand that was about it for me. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abshir
I have got mine on Thursday as well!! on the 31st of Jan 2013. Any help with interview questions please?

Me too!! I only found out yesterday!! AHH!! I'm quite nervous! we have to take quite a lot with us to! good luck and maybe ill see you there! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's very relaxed and everyone is friendly. First they check certificates etc and then they give you a scenario and you get a bit of time to think about it then in the interview they ask you what you notice in the scenario and what you would do if you were looking at that person as a nurse then it moved onto asking what the role of a nurse is, what you will find difficult and how you will overcome it, asking you if you've seen anything in the media that may affect nurses and how it is affecting themand that was about it for me. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for this! ah! Did you have to give in an attendance record? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hi everyone!
I've got a conditional offer from DMU for Adult Nursing 2013 and its my top choice :smile:
Honestly the interview is really relaxed and its actually just a lot of waiting around. You just turn up at a normal class room, you give your name, take a seat. Then when everyone has arrived they start calling you up to give your crb stuff and gcse certificates. While doing them, one of the staff will just you a card of a scenario and while waiting to be called for your individual interview you have to think what you would do in that situation. You cannot write anything down all things you want to talk about has to be from memory. Then once you get in they make you feel really comfortable and put you at ease (well my interviewers did). They will ask you generic things like, why do you want to be a nurse, how will you overcome challenges as a nurse, what preparation have you done. Mine lastest about 20 mins, some other lasted like 40 depending on the interviews. Then it took like 3 weeks to hear back from them! so even though you might not hear back for ages does not mean you will not get a place :smile: Hope this helps everyone with interviews soon, and let me know how they all go! Want to know some people who are definitely going :biggrin:
Suee xx
Reply 6
No I didn't take an attendance record with me and neither did anyone else and they didn't ask for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Did you not hear back till exactly 3 weeks? How did they notify you email/ucas? Is driving me mad!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
it wasn't exactly 3 weeks but was in the third week. it just varies how many people the admissions staff have to get through, so i would expect two to three weeks to hear back :smile: i found out through an email sent from ucas. i got it to my phone saying "something has been modified on track". then you log on and find out. a person told me that ucas updates at 5 every night, so might might well get an email or something has been changed in the evening rather than in the morning :smile: just gotta sit tight, as i said, just cause you wait ages doesn't mean you wont get a place
Reply 9
Original post by sueeballard
Hi everyone!
I've got a conditional offer from DMU for Adult Nursing 2013 and its my top choice :smile:
Honestly the interview is really relaxed and its actually just a lot of waiting around. You just turn up at a normal class room, you give your name, take a seat. Then when everyone has arrived they start calling you up to give your crb stuff and gcse certificates. While doing them, one of the staff will just you a card of a scenario and while waiting to be called for your individual interview you have to think what you would do in that situation. You cannot write anything down all things you want to talk about has to be from memory. Then once you get in they make you feel really comfortable and put you at ease (well my interviewers did). They will ask you generic things like, why do you want to be a nurse, how will you overcome challenges as a nurse, what preparation have you done. Mine lastest about 20 mins, some other lasted like 40 depending on the interviews. Then it took like 3 weeks to hear back from them! so even though you might not hear back for ages does not mean you will not get a place :smile: Hope this helps everyone with interviews soon, and let me know how they all go! Want to know some people who are definitely going :biggrin:
Suee xx

congratulations!! i have my interview on Thursday and am very nervous but this really helped me alot, thank you for sharing!! xx
Reply 10
Original post by buzybeee
congratulations!! i have my interview on Thursday and am very nervous but this really helped me alot, thank you for sharing!! xx

Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abshir

hi! how did you find the interview!?!
Reply 12
I've got a place starting in September yay! Anyone else? Would be nice to get to know some people prior to starting x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got a place starting in September yay! Anyone else? Would be nice to get to know some people prior to starting x

Posted from TSR Mobile

yay well done! yeah would love to get to know you before getting there :smile: is it going to be your top choice? :smile: x
Reply 14
Does anyone have an interview for adult nursing on the 26th of feb at DMU?:smile:x
Reply 15
Original post by sueeballard
yay well done! yeah would love to get to know you before getting there :smile: is it going to be your top choice? :smile: x

Is my only choice lol I only applied to DMU! I'm really looking forward to starting. Have you got a place there and will it be your firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing dual registration adult and child nursing in september :smile:
Original post by EmmaLouuu
Does anyone have an interview for adult nursing on the 26th of feb at DMU?:smile:x

I did!Have u heard anything yet?My college friend who also went Tuesday got offered a place yesterday yet I haven't heard a thing!
Reply 18
Original post by Katierose23
I did!Have u heard anything yet?My college friend who also went Tuesday got offered a place yesterday yet I haven't heard a thing!

I got an offer today :smile: was rather surprised I normally don't do single interviews well :smile: xx
Reply 19

Original post by Katierose23

Was yours in the morning or afternoon? :smile:xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending