The Student Room Group

College shooting in the USA

Reply 1
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/22/justice/texas-college-shooting/

This just popped up on google news. It seems shooting up schools is the latest trend nowadays.
Reply 2
There will be another 30 or so homicides somewhere else in that country today. While schools are obviously easy targets for concerned adults (because nobody likes the thought of children being in harm), there are still a lot of deaths going on elsewhere which must also be considered. I think there was something like 500 other homicides in the fortnight after the Sandy Hook school shootings.

But hey, it's a different culture and they have different ideas of what is "right". The NRA produce horrifically biased and scary tactics out there to encourage more firearms, but I don't see it as the solution. I just hope we never have to put up with that crap over here.
(edited 11 years ago)
yeah i agree totally, its an easy target for the media and an easy target for either side of the gun control lobby
The amount of shootings in America is scary, it just seems the ones that gain the most attention are in schools.
The real problem here is bullying. If there were no bullies then 99% of school shootings wouldn't happen.
Original post by canyouhelpme
The real problem here is bullying. If there were no bullies then 99% of school shootings wouldn't happen.

We have bullies in the UK but how many school shootings do you hear about here?

I understand there is a problem with bullying which is very hard to address but if guns were not so easily available there would not be as many shootings.
Mental health care is the first issue that needs to be addressed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending