Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Local election results.

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Po
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jesus christ, that is surprising!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Conservatives are owning.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hehe anyone else noticed how these local election results are looking almost identical to the changes in attitude between the first and the second TSR GE?

If you look at the second post in the Resource Page in the HoC I've put previous TSR GE stats there, and at the last election the BNP and the Conservatives gained more seats, while the Lib Dems and Labour made losses- which is exactly what we're seeing in the general population now.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    lol, never heard of them. :eek:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm willing to bet that most of these are protest votes against incompetend incumbants.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You gonna quote every constituency that votes for some random person. These guys like BNP, EFP or whatever are fine on the local level but youd never want them on a national scale. Parties run by simple minded ignorant people.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    People are dragging themselves down to polling stations in their thousands to protest against the Government, it's quite a significant message, and one that must not be ignored by any of the main Parties.

Seeing Parties like the BNP growing is like spotting cancer, the cause needs to be cured fast before it destroys the entire system.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The "problem" is that none of the three mainstream parties are extreme enough, and I doubt that's a "problem" you want solved.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    One ward in St Albans was decided by the drawing of pencils apparently. Shortest pencil loses.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    That just goes to show which side G-d is on.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    And the Conservatives haves taken Bassetlaw apparently. Reports predict heavy snow in hell.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flux)
    Crawley council was drawn between Labour and Conservatives with one seat left, each candidate in that ward got precisely 500 votes. The two candidates had to draw lots to decide the winner and the Conservatives won.
    LOL, I seen that just then. Rather a simple way to decide ah?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrism)
    And the Conservatives haves taken Bassetlaw apparently. Reports predict heavy snow in hell.
    Which ward are you in btw Chris?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Broomhill - our candidate is a rather unpleasant individual by the name of Michael Ginn. Bit of a sleaze and has hit on several of the girls, which made me actually (for all of a micro-second) consider voting Green. However party loyalty prevailed, not that it did any good. We didn't take Dore, and both Labour and the Greens have won seats, though I don't know which yet.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    hehe, Fulwood for me. I know nothing about the ward and I won't be living here next year, but I voted Conservative anyway.

It was basically a choice of 3 left wing Parties, a Party of 'closet racists' or the tories- not a hard choice really.

I think it was slightly pointless though, as I went with 2 of my mates, one of them voted Labour and the other voted Lib Dem. :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Our candidate there Caroline is actually really good, and should have been run in Dore as she's have wiped out Keith Hill standing there - we're just waiting to here if she's been accepted onto the party's A List of candidates for the next general election.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    11 out of 13 who stood for the BNP in Barking and Dagenham. Many gains elsewhere. West Yorkshire, another hot-spot won't even return til 2moro'.

The 60 year strategy of making Whites ashamed for consideration of their ethnic interests while the same parties solicit and address the self-same concerns for non-White groups has failed. It had a finite shelf-life and was deeply offensive and racist, but the question is - what will replace that strategy?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    11 out of 13 elected , if 30 or 40 bnp had stood I'm scared they could have taken labours power on the council away.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)
    People are dragging themselves down to polling stations in their thousands to protest against the Government, it's quite a significant message, and one that must not be ignored by any of the main Parties.

Seeing Parties like the BNP growing is like spotting cancer, the cause needs to be cured fast before it destroys the entire system.
    What is the cause beek? What's the cure?

Those questions will be asked a lot over the coming days and weeks but if you think the real cause will be identified or a cure discovered you show the typical liberal faith in the states ability to manage and transform the human character.

--------------

It might be 12/13 - there was a clerical error which might have to go to court to be corrected.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 10, 2006
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.