The Student Room Group

homosexual attacked by 'muslim patrol' in london.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Amanbabbar./
I'm asian too you know, and i never get any of this **** happening to me. No racial abuse or nothing, i don't know how many smiles and conversations i had with random old people on the street today (sounds cheesy i know).

+ racial abuse from white people hardly ever happens! Cus i live in a area where majority is white ad everyone is lovely.
You all over exaggerate how much abuse you receive :|

Original post by _HabibaH_
And the purpose of this thread - and those similar to this - has been acheived. Bravo OP.

I have plenty of old, white, English ladies telling me I need to go back to my country and refusing to smile at me when I smile. I allow it because there are always some. If I made a new thread everytime I was called a towelhead or a terrorist or just for being treated like a foreigner then I would have countless threads to my name.

I highly doubt that they targeted the girl because she was White.
Imagine the outrage if they were white Christians.

This will soon be swept under the rug.

It's funny all my life I never heard a single Muslim even implying Muslim's should kill to emulate the doings of Mohhamed. So if Mo' did kill people, I doubt Muslim's even know, and wouldn't want to know. In other words they will be in denial.

I'm an ex-Muslim by the way, and I haven't left because Islam is facistic, because that idea is preposterous and still is.
I have a dream, a dream where people realise that not all Muslims are intolerant idiots who are ruining this country. I dream of a time when people realise these people are disgusting thugs and not archetypal Muslims. I dream of a time when immigrants are not scapegoated as the cause of everything wrong in Britain. I also dream of a time when the minority of immigrants who tarnish the name of all immigrants learn to adapt to other cultures. I dream of a time when countries like Saudi Arabia stop oppressing women using religion as an excuse. I dream of a time when arguments about Islam don't appear every single day on TSR. I dream of a time when people judge you on your character-not your religion, sexuality, gender or country. That would be nice.
Reply 24
I never said that recieving any racial abuse is okay
andd...
I get that there are ****stains that have ruined the image of muslims today
+ don't tell me how to think. You misunderstood what i was saying, just like most muslims do. You think you're the victims? No i'm a victim too, every other Brown person in this country is a Victim too. Ever since the 9/11 + 7/11 terrorist attacks happen, Asians are generalised as terrorists, evens Sikhs are! - that pisses me off, (i know i'm going off topic here...)

I do understand that alot of ***** have given muslims (and asians) a bad name, and its a shame that goodhearted muslims have to put up with the grief, but there's not much one can do about that.

Yes you're right. Brown people are generalised too - and yes I am asian too. But wearing a scarf on your head and having brown skin just makes it a whole lot worse lol :biggrin:

The only problem I had with your original post is that you said 'Muslims' and I don't like it that all Muslims are tainted with the same 'stains' - and you probably don't that all asians are too.

I'm not telling you how to think either. I just felt what you said needed reevaluating if you thought you were liberal minded whilst generalising all Muslims.

Anywhoos, slightly misinterpretted. Apologies for that.
Original post by _HabibaH_
Yes you're right. Brown people are generalised too - and yes I am asian too. But wearing a scarf on your head and having brown skin just makes it a whole lot worse lol :biggrin:

The only problem I had with your original post is that you said 'Muslims' and I don't like it that all Muslims are tainted with the same 'stains' - and you probably don't that all asians are too.

I'm not telling you how to think either. I just felt what you said needed reevaluating if you thought you were liberal minded whilst generalising all Muslims.

Anywhoos, slightly misinterpretted. Apologies for that.

Yeah maybe i should make my points clearer
Original post by kombu
er, no. it is slowly being challenged though and that process will strengthen in the coming decades as these communities grow in size and power.

plus, it most certainly is not an isolated incident.

Not really.

I don't have the figures at hand, but a BBC London report a few months ago showed that overall violence dropped in London, homophobic attacks increased.

I'll search for it again soon - because I'm curious what trends the found with this increase.
Reply 27
I'm asian too you know, and i never get any of this **** happening to me. No racial abuse or nothing, i don't know how many smiles and conversations i had with random old people on the street today (sounds cheesy i know).

+ racial abuse from white people hardly ever happens! Cus i live in a area where majority is white ad everyone is lovely.
You all over exaggerate how much abuse you receive :|

Err cuz you so represent the majority...Ive had racial abuse and I know plenty of other people who have had it too. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFGt4_Efv6Y) Youre not in a position to say it 'hardly ever happens'. Im openly Muslim i.e. wear hijab and ive lost count of the number or times Ive been called a towelhead, taliban e.t.c - you dont see me labelling all whites as racist though. Similarly I ask people to ignore the actions of the minority of Muslims. Around my parts there are so many Muslim groups active around the community they get together to shovel snow of the streets and vising old people's homes and help troubled youth and its strange how any goodness displayed is almost always ignored.
You're dumb too i'm guessing?

I'm saying Muslims don't have the right to tell non-muslims how to dress, how to act ect.... Muslims should worry about other Muslims

+ the fact that they said something along the lines of 'you come into a muslim area dressed like a slag'?
Who the **** do they think they are?
This isn't Muslimland as i said in my previous comment!
(SOME) muslims should learn that they aint in Pakistan or some middle eastern country, they don't have the right to inflict muslim mentality on non muslims.

They live in a area thats basically pakistan in london. They only know and see and communicate with other Muslims. They forget that the rest of the country is white. That's where all their logic falters.
Their just forcing their religion onto people. These people are no different from the mad old lady on the bus telling people to go back to their own country.
But the sad truth is that if this continues someones going to get hurt.
Reply 30
Original post by SkyS0h1
Err cuz you so represent the majority...Ive had racial abuse and I know plenty of other people who have had it too. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFGt4_Efv6Y) Youre not in a position to say it 'hardly ever happens'. Im openly Muslim i.e. wear hijab and ive lost count of the number or times Ive been called a towelhead, taliban e.t.c - you dont see me labelling all whites as racist though. Similarly I ask people to ignore the actions of the minority of Muslims. Around my parts there are so many Muslim groups active around the community they get together to shovel snow of the streets and vising old people's homes and help troubled youth and its strange how any goodness displayed is almost always ignored.

Thank you for reiterating my point. It's not that people purposefully ignore the goodness that we are capable of (beleive it or not!) but it's that it is usually brushed aside while the bad is aired on a washing line. I wear hijab too and although these things have rarely happened it still takes place.

Like my mum who covers her face was told in Tesco the other day, while he purposefully swerved his trolley towards us that: '****ing take it off if you can't see' when the fault was his. It hurts but we accept it.
Original post by SkyS0h1

LOL so?
I never said that i represent majority of Asians, why you getting twisted?
If you READ! I already said that i understand that Muslims have been presented negatively by idiots such as the ones in the video, but before you start ranting your mouth off, you should learn to read and get the facts straight beforehand.
Reiterating what has been said countless times, a small minority of thugs does not in any way represent muslims. In fact, anyone who kills rampantly or abuses in such a cruel way in my eyes is not even a muslim. Just like you have Terry Jones who I wouldn't fathom calling a Christian because of the way he functions.

The people who are doing that are hypocrites, you cannot even begin to point out anyone's shortcomings or flaws (whether they think that is being gay or a 'slag') when you have a warped thought of what Jihad is.

It's also quite ignorant for people to continue believing the things they say in regards to this are true, whilst London is a small city in comparison to others.. each area will vary greatly in population/culture and race. So while you may not be prone to getting racist comments or being looked down upon by the majority, that does NOT mean that everyone else in other areas are 'exaggerating' their racist experience.

As a muslim, I would never condone the violence against homosexuals. They are free to practice their way of life as I am to mine, we all go in our own graves.
Reply 33
LOL so?
I never said that i represent majority of Asians, why you getting twisted?
If you READ! I already said that i understand that Muslims have been presented negatively by idiots such as the ones in the video, but before you start ranting your mouth off, you should learn to read and get the facts straight beforehand.

Im referring to your 'racism by white people hardly ever happens' point. Im saying youre not in a position to say that. The rest of my post was general. Not ranting so chill out.
Original post by SkyS0h1
Im referring to your 'racism by white people hardly ever happens' point. Im saying youre not in a position to say that. The rest of my post was general. Not ranting so chill out.

You are ranting,

'Err' ... impression: rant.

+ excuse me? Like i said before, if you could read... i never said im the majority of Asians nor was i trying to imply it, so stop making stupid accusations.
Mods v rockers
football hooliganism
EDL v UAF

similarities?
Reply 36
Western liberals like to engage in a form of magical thinking regarding Islam -- they imagine they can import literally millions of muslims into their societies and carry on with their decedent lifestyles.

They simply do not understand Islam. The secular progressive Muslims are always on the Back foot and are making retreats all around the world -- the only thing that kept Islamic fundamentalism under wraps for some decades was dictators.

People think their laws are enough but this is not true. Regarding east london I can already predict with certainty what will happen. The homosexual pubs are on borrowed time. They will just up and leave to a different area because the abuse is not going to stop. Once this happens it will be straight pubs. The clubs. remaining churches. It will become a Muslim ghetto like places up north.

i think in a few decades muslims are predicted to be 30% of British population.

Western liberals are just to soft headed and short sighted to understand what a 30% British Muslim demographic means for their values -- once 30% happens it will quickly expand as western British simply convert for easier life -- this process is already Happening in prisons.

those who do not convert will simply have to conform. So no more gay bars for one.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 37
You are ranting,

+ excuse me? Like i said before, if you could read... i never said im the majority of Asians nor was i trying to imply it, so stop making stupid accusations.

Your impressions are clearly wrong.
'+ racial abuse from white people hardly ever happens! Cus i live in a area where majority is white ad everyone is lovely.You all over exaggerate how much abuse you receive :|'
Dont make sweeping generalisations and statements and then deny that you sound like youre speaking for the majority. Not accusing just informing so no need to get all emotional.
You are ranting,

Wooooow. Grow up please.
Original post by SkyS0h1
Your impressions are clearly wrong.
'+ racial abuse from white people hardly ever happens! Cus i live in a area where majority is white ad everyone is lovely.You all over exaggerate how much abuse you receive :|'
Dont make sweeping generalisations and statements and then deny that you sound like youre speaking for the majority. Not accusing just informing so no need to get all emotional.

My statement was not clarified clearly enough for people like you, which i already explained in my previous comments, that was my mistake i get that, but you needa chill the **** out + if you really feel that mulsims are generalised nowadays, try and change that. Its no one elses fault but muslims, that they are perceived the way they are today.

Original post by Confusing_Chem
Wooooow. Grow up please.

You're telling me to grow up? Take your own advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending