The Student Room Group

Core 3 Exam is tomorrow...

I'm fairly certain I'm getting an E or below - I haven't studied for it and I haven't done any maths, really, since the end of last year. Plan to retake Cores 3 & 4 in the summer when I SHOULD only have 1 other exam and pay for them myself, then, study my ass off. Thoughts?
Reply 1
Original post by S671207
I'm fairly certain I'm getting an E or below - I haven't studied for it and I haven't done any maths, really, since the end of last year. Plan to retake Cores 3 & 4 in the summer when I SHOULD only have 1 other exam and pay for them myself, then, study my ass off. Thoughts?

Ask if you can withdraw tomorrow morning to avoid having a retake on the record
Reply 2
It's a 9am exam, I think tomorrow is a bit late to withdraw.. I'm not applying to a maths course, I just want to get the grade up from a C, mostly for myself. Are retakes on the record likely to affect anything? Lol I already retook statistics and got the same grade, and none of my treachers mentioned it at the time.
Reply 3
Original post by S671207
It's a 9am exam, I think tomorrow is a bit late to withdraw.. I'm not applying to a maths course, I just want to get the grade up from a C, mostly for myself. Are retakes on the record likely to affect anything? Lol I already retook statistics and got the same grade, and none of my treachers mentioned it at the time.

If your university doesn't care about them then meh
Reply 4
I don't know if my university cares or not, I'm doing graphic design, so maths isn't a requirement.
Reply 5
Original post by S671207

why didn't you revise? Left it too late?
Reply 6
Our thoughts can't really make a difference to you now, just prepare better for the retake.
Reply 7
Original post by .JJ
Our thoughts can't really make a difference to you now, just prepare better for the retake.

Yeah, ty. By the summer, my art exam will be done and coursework in, and so will my English Lang, so as long as Lang went as well as I think it did, I only have BS4 to worry about, so I may retake both cores 3 & 4.

I got A grades in Core 1&2, which I did in y11, D and E respectively in 3&4, probably due to starting year 12 with 5 subjects and no study periods. Or it's my fault for not revising enough to start with, whichever. Tyvm, hope my mother's not mad when she sees the grade.

Quick Reply

Latest