The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Anyone going to Essex university this September?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saliency
You can't exactly say don't apply for the towers because of, 'Food stealing, loud noise, horrible mess' as I've seen south courts with the same problem minus the loud noise. I would say living in my tower there has never really been any major noise complaints, yes people have parties but I could barely hear it from my room if I wasn't in the mood for going out!
I just also want to mention you can get work done living in North towers as that's up to you whether you work hard or not and put the effort in when it matters. Every fresher I lived with in N.Towers got a 1st or a 2.1.
It's what you make of it is all I am saying :tongue:

Edit: I never had any of my food stolen and I don't know anyone that has. Yes, the kitchen was sometimes a bit messy but the cleaners did a good job with it when they came.

Sorry only just saw this, yeah I guess you're right but in South Courts the thief is easier to crack instead of 14 doors swinging open and shut and the fact that the thief is living on the other side of the building!

Yeah it seems like a got the whole experience apart from the studies lol. Making up for it now though :smile:
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
im going to be staying in tawney from October :smile:
Reply 162
I'll do Drama and Modern Languages and live in Bertrand Russell Tower :smile:
DONT GO

BIGGEST REGRET OF MY LIFE- GETTING A FIRST IS NOT HARD

tOWERS IS **** ESPECIALLY TAWNEY

DONT GO B*TCHES RETAKE AND GO RUSSELL GROUP
Reply 164
I've had an unconditional offer for English Language, Language Acquisition and Language Disorders and am going to be living in Bertrand Russell Tower flat 2. I know there isn't likely to be many people on my course, but was wondering if anyone else is doing the same? or going to be living in the Bertrand Russell tower?
Reply 165
Original post by amywray
I've had an unconditional offer for English Language, Language Acquisition and Language Disorders and am going to be living in Bertrand Russell Tower flat 2. I know there isn't likely to be many people on my course, but was wondering if anyone else is doing the same? or going to be living in the Bertrand Russell tower?

Looks like we're in the same flat! :smile: I'm also in Bertrand Russell Tower Flat 2.
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
DONT GO

BIGGEST REGRET OF MY LIFE- GETTING A FIRST IS NOT HARD

tOWERS IS **** ESPECIALLY TAWNEY

DONT GO B*TCHES RETAKE AND GO RUSSELL GROUP

Firstly, stop using cap locks.

Secondly, you're just annoyed because you cant find a job and you've missed internship deadlines.

I had the best time in towers but it depends on your personality.

I've had the best time and I'm enjoying my year out working for one of the biggest companies in the world. So far everyone has said I have a great CV and being at Essex hasn't been a disadvantage. Life is what you make of it and by the sounds of it you probably don't have much experience or you're not confident in interviews and this may be the reason you don't have a job.
Essex is currently my insurance choice for Media, culture, and society, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up there! I was looking at accommodation and the Meadows seemed like the nicest choice since I will be transitioning from the U.S. But, I'm a social person and I'm not sure if the perks of slightly nicer accommodation will be worth missing out on a lot of fun in places like the towers? Any opinions or info would really help! :smile:
Hi! :smile: I was wondering when will we able to collect our keys for accommodation?
Original post by Saliency
Firstly, stop using cap locks.

Secondly, you're just annoyed because you cant find a job and you've missed internship deadlines.

I had the best time in towers but it depends on your personality.

I've had the best time and I'm enjoying my year out working for one of the biggest companies in the world. So far everyone has said I have a great CV and being at Essex hasn't been a disadvantage. Life is what you make of it and by the sounds of it you probably don't have much experience or you're not confident in interviews and this may be the reason you don't have a job.

Who said i missed internship deadlines or that ive even graduated? Bloody hell im an RA this year!!

The uni is ****. full stop

dont be a **** saliency
I'll be staying in Harwich Courts come September 28! Anyone know if it's exactly like any other south court accomodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nana-do-papa
I'll be staying in Harwich Courts come September 28! Anyone know if it's exactly like any other south court accomodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I am also going to be staying at Harwich court this year. All south court accommodation have the same rooms but Harwich has the most people living in them. However, I am not 100% sure but you can send an email to Accommodation Essex
I'll be staying in Harwich Courts also in September!
18.3 I'll be in!
Original post by FrancisSin
I'll be staying in Harwich Courts also in September!
18.3 I'll be in!

I am staying in 10.3. You should add yourself to the FB group for Harwich Court
Original post by neilosgados
I am staying in 10.3. You should add yourself to the FB group for Harwich Court

If I've added myself to the right one, I have requested just not been accepted to join it yet. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending