The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studdies Unit 4 (BUSS4)

What has everyone been focussing on for this exam? How prepared do you feel? What are you hoping comes up/dosn't come up?

Good luck to everyone taking it btw :smile:
Reply 1
I'm so worried for this exam! This is my retake so i've been focusing more on Section B than A and now i feel i dont know anything about M&A's.. I hope Culture, Leadership or Technological Environment comes ups personally. Hbu?
Reply 2
Original post by Indyy
I'm so worried for this exam! This is my retake so i've been focusing more on Section B than A and now i feel i dont know anything about M&A's.. I hope Culture, Leadership or Technological Environment comes ups personally. Hbu?

This is a retake for me as well, i've been focussing on A more than B. Like you i hope culture and technological envirmonet come up. Some good M&A's to look at are

Xstrata/Glencore- Had to overcome many problems

BA/Iberia- Allowed BA acess to south american routes, but has encountered cultural problems

BAE/EADS- Was not allowed to go ahead due to opposition from the German Government

Have a google of some of these and try to remember the key points and why the businesses did what they did.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ed11e
This is a retake for me as well, i've been focussing on A more than B. Like you i hope culture and technological envirmonet come up. Some good M&A's to look at are

Xstrata/Glencore- Had to overcome many problems

BA/Iberia- Allowed BA acess to south american routes, but has encountered cultural problems

BAE/EADS- Was not allowed to go ahead due to opposition from the German Government

Have a google of some of these and try to remember the key points and why the businesses did what they did.

Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks.

I got all my information for M&A from the last exam and the only reason i haven't really spent much time on Section A was because last time i knew ALOT about the businesses i researched and not enough on Section B so i decided to switch it around for January. What business did you research? I've done BA/Iberia, Kraft/Cadbury, Morrisons/Safeway, Tmobile/Orange.
Reply 4
Basically you've donw what i've done then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending