The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: The Impossible Inevitabilities of Food

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Disagree. Only because you said people not friends. It's surprising how stingy people can be with Haribo...

IT IS INEVITABLE THAT if you buy pick and mix, you will feel ripped off
Reply 61
AGREE. They're basically premium priced penny sweets but a lot more presentable, especially in the places like the Odeon.

IT IS INEVITABLE THAT:

You will not put enough ketchup on your plate
Disagree.. I always put too much! And then the last few bits of my food get slathered in the stuff as a desperate attempt to use it up and as a result taste disgusting :frown:

IT IS INEVITABLE THAT:

When eating kitkats you munch the chocolate all around the edges first!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Agree. I love playing with my food:tongue:

IT IS INEVITABLE that you will buy an item that's "buy one get one free" or "buy one get one half price" even though you know you don't need it
Reply 64
Original post by Ladyliesel
Agree. I love playing with my food:tongue:

IT IS INEVITABLE that you will buy an item that's "buy one get one free" or "buy one get one half price" even though you know you don't need it

Agree with BOGOF, disagree with buy one get one half price. That deal ain't good enough to entice me :tongue:

IT IS INEVITABLE THAT cereal tastes better when you're not having it at breakfast time...!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Okay, these "inevitabilities" are just starting to become the "confirm or deny" thread (which already exists)!! This is really more about stuff that is inevitable, no matter how hard you try. It's not like, "it is inevitable that you like chocolate digestives more than digestives", more like an incident or fateful scenario such as, "it is inevitable you'll lose a bit of biscuit when you dunk it."
It is inevitable that when checking your soup temperature it will either be A) too cold or B) too hot so it burns your mouth
Reply 67
AGREE. It's never just right, Goldilocks lied!

IT IS INEVITABLE THAT at least one of your biscuits in a packet will be smooshed to s...

7481123230_1b786f39b2_z.jpg
Reply 68
DISAGREE. Certiantly Not always, maybe sometimes the end biscuit.

IT IS INEVITABLE THAT:

Bits will fall out of a hamburger prepared at home
Reply 69
DISAGREE. Especially considering the elements I put in my homemade burger, they are usually big things, like a few big leaves of lettuce or a whole slice of tomato, meaning less chance of stuff spilling out. Restaurants have like 100 different elements to their burgers, small and big, so the chances are far greater!

IT IS INEVITABLE THAT you will bite into a crunchy taco and it will fall apart
0107-taco-bell_vg.jpg
Agree. Which is why I don't buy them as much as I'd like to!

It is inevitable that when they ask in Subway 'want cheese with that?' you will say yes.
Reply 71
AGREE. I like the tuna melts best, and tuna and cheese is just delightful. I've yet to try the chicken tikka ones, but I would have disagreed with that if so!

IT IS INEVITABLE THAT salads in restaurants will come with far too much dressing unless you request otherwise
Have to disagree, in a world that is growing increasingly conscious of weight and calories..it seems restaurants are taking note and becoming better with letting healthy dishes remain healthy. Eg. Nandos salad automatically comes undressed.

It is inevitable that if you slurp spaghetti Bolognese, at some point it will stain your face/clothing
Reply 73
AGREE. But it's all part of the fun :wink:

IT IS INEVITABLE THAT when having a hot chocolate you've made, the last mouthful will be UBER chocolatey
Reply 74
AGREED!! And no matter HOW MUCH you freaking stir that crap, the end is always a glob of ULTRA DEATH CHOC! Engulfing your gob with a rapey amount of choc.

AGREE OR DISAGREE: IT IS INEVITABLE THAT IF YOU GO TO THE SUPERMARKET FOR A SPECIFIC FOOD ITEM, YOU WILL LEAVE WITH FAR MORE THAN JUST THAT.
Agree. Furthermore, I often come back with a **** load of stuff but NOT the item I went for in the first place. Go figure?

It is inevitable that when first peeling the silver lid off the milk, some will splash.
Reply 76
DISAGREE. Maybe it's because I love my milk so much (for cereal, of course), but I find the only mess is when I put the silver lid down on the side and the milk drips off.

IT IS INEVITABLE THAT when making microwavable popcorn there will either be kernels left unpopped, OR some will be burnt. It's a trade-off!
Reply 77
DISAGREE. That never happens to me (I'm talking about plastic bottles).

IT IS INEVITABLE THAT:

You will dip one end of a sausage into egg yolk during a fryup
Reply 78
DISAGREE. I usually eat the sausage plain, and save the egg for chips or bread/toast.

IT IS INEVITABLE THAT when making microwavable popcorn there will either be kernels left unpopped, OR some will be burnt. It's a trade-off!
AGREE. It's either not enough ping, or too much ping. Pinging hell.

IT IS INEVITABLE that if at an Indian restaurant and asked, would you like some Poppadoms to start..you will all look around the table at each other, nod..and order the Poppadoms.

Quick Reply

Latest