The Student Room Group

My best friend's a lesbian

Okay.....title may be quite bold hahaa but didn't know what else to call it!

Firstly, I have 0 problem with her being gay, none at all. She's been in my life for a long time (way before she came out) and I've always supported her.

She's been in relationship for 2 years or so, it's her first girlfriend and the person who she came out for. During these 2 years however they've hard short breaks, where they've both gone off with different people as a 'fling'..but are now back together, and have been for a while. They're relationship is so complex I don't want to bore you with detail, but, they argue about THE most unnecessary and ridiculous things! They're both insanely controlling of each other - always having to know what they're doing and where they are. Her girlfriend is in uni, but comes home pretty much every weekend/some week days.

The thing which really bothers me, is that I'm worried for our friendship. Not so long ago her girlfriend gave her the ultimatum of 'it's me or your friends'. Anytime I want to see her, she's always either on the phone or her girlfriend is with her. Don't get me wrong, her girlfriend and I do get along, but it's all just too much sometimes. They claim to never lie to each other, and always be honest. However, I know so much that her girlfriend doesn't. My friend and her ex 'fling' still speak and see each other often (as friends) but the 'fling' is admittedly in love with her. Not so long ago she stayed over her house! Also, my friends parents don't know she's a lesbian (strict Christians), so I constantly have to lie to people and make up stories for them, for instance, they went away not long ago and I had to say they were staying with me in my cousins house.

What do I do? My friend constantly complains about their arguments, and I've had enough of sugar coating everything I say. Lately, I've been quite brutal, in the hope she'll see sense. We're going to the same uni in sept, and I truly think the whole long distance thing will form such cracks in their relationship that they'll have to split! but I know they won't!! They just keep dragging each other down, and it's not good for anyone. Oh, and her girlfriend thinks I'm a 'bad influence' because I like to go to out. Umm. Every time I manage to get my friend out, she ends up back home before midnight because her and her girlfriend have had a row!! I fear for our friendship, and her feelings.

Am I being selfish, or irrational? heeeeeelp. WHAT DO I DO :confused:
Reply 1
Not much you can do really. It's something that she needs to sort between herself and her partner.
Reply 2
What does the fact that she's a lesbian have to do with this?
Reply 3
I think girls in a Lesbian relationship get a perfect POV of the drama guys have to put up with, with a girl.
Reply 4
You don't do anything, just understand her and do whats you want to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending