The Student Room Group

what ARE the benefits of doing the lottery?

what are the benefits of doing the lottery? and who does the lottery benefit? other than winning loads of money, are there actually any benefits to the lottery system?
Reply 1
Something like 30% of revenue and any unclaimed prizes goes to charity. It can make a big difference to small local charities desperate for funding.
It's a voluntary tax on the poor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
A lot of charities get funding grants from the lottery. My aikido club for example was able to use the money to buy much-needed training mats. Aside from that, of course the person buying the ticket enjoys the feeling they get from playing.
You get a 20 second post-ticketbuying 'buzz' where you actually believe this time you WILL win the jackpot. Then the realisation hits you...
Reply 5
Well if you're a crack addict you have less money for crack,thats all i can think of.
a lot of the money goes to charities...that is the benefit...but as for the problems...there are loads tbh...
Culture and arts (Museums, British film production, art installations etc.) get loads of lottery funding, so does grass roots sports.
Reply 8
It means Blur will make good songs:

I know the benefits of not playing the lottery each week. I save £52 each year.
Reply 10
For a relatively low cost you get the opportunity to fight the odds and win a large amount.

Personally i play the Thunderball instead and have found it easier to win with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending