The Student Room Group

2013 Study Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Ok so this is my official plan to follow - I have my final exams in 6-10 weeks, 3 of 4 in 6 weeks. Already done a lot but now I'll BE getting serious. The daily routine after school - sports, 30 minutes. --- 1.5h revision, 15 min break, 1h handouts, past papers. After dinner - documentary relating to subject to extend understanding. After this curriculum reading for relaxation. What do you think? And be warned, this will be updated :wink:

Edit - repeat revision/papers procedures as often as possible until dinner
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by I am Ace
Great, glad to hear it!
Keep up the hard work.
But please bear in mind that you must be proactive when studying, for me and everyone I know, at least, simply reading over notes isn't enough.
I'm glad that you mentioned you're making notes which is great.
Past papers a day before the exam is very late.
Please give yourself at least a few weeks before the exam that way you can identify your weaknesses and still have time to correct them before going back and re trying past papers.

Thanks for the tips, to be honest you're right, a day before is far too late, i might print out some past papers tomorrow now you mention it.
Reply 82
Ok sorry if this annoys you but I'm set on it. Did everything except curriculum reading today and did biology revision instead of exercises for 3 hrs! So proud. Tomorrow I'll start learning biology at 9:00 am, till 13:30 and 17:00 - 20:00, then curriculum reading till midnight. Should be fine. I want to have that topic summarized by tomorrow evening so I can do old papers for Wednesday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by Elizandra
Ok sorry if this annoys you but I'm set on it. Did everything except curriculum reading today and did biology revision instead of exercises for 3 hrs! So proud. Tomorrow I'll start learning biology at 9:00 am, till 13:30 and 17:00 - 20:00, then curriculum reading till midnight. Should be fine. I want to have that topic summarized by tomorrow evening so I can do old papers for Wednesday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do what works.
Good luck
Reply 84
Original post by pureandmodest
lmao 'dying'

No exaggeration I swear :wink: felt like it
Reply 85
Did about 6 hours yesterday, but being given no work to do and having only 1 exam to prepare for isn't hugely motivating
Reply 86
Original post by I am Ace
Do what works.
Good luck

Thank you :smile: Did only 2 hours today and yesterday but at least the summary is finished :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
Original post by pureandmodest
that's a lesson for next time then haha

It was my birthday so an exception to the rule, very rare I get in that sort of state! Though I did make up for it today but doing about 4 chapters of psychology, wahoo
Reply 88
I shall be finalising my study plan for the week by tomorrow. I want to do 3hrs of homework and a pass paper for maths.. Good luck to me
Reply 89
Good luck! So, I'm going to immerse myself in Brave New World and Moon Palace. I don't really want to do German now. Tomorrow, I'll do 2 model biology exams and 1 past paper!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Going to have my first text/exam at university in 8days in european business law.
I am really lazy when it comes to studying but don't want to f*** it up.
Will try the Pomodoro Technique mentioned in this thread.

Going to start studying now until i fall asleep :biggrin:
I have been terrible, haven't revised much other than doing 6 hours of physics and 4 hours of biology. Now because of this today I plan on going through work and hopefully do around 5/6 hours of Biology revision as its m closest exam (Friday)
Start my English c/w draft. Revise politics. Also plan a past paper essay on Wuthering Heights
I plan on going from 4-8 every night until June. Maybe up until 9-10 on other nights.
Reply 94
Did 4.5 hours of bio, no school tomorrow so I'll type the summary into word now. timing is terrible. Almost know it by heart, and exercises are not too difficult for evolution. My genetics revision from Christmas holidays starts to pay off :smile: so, this will leave me with 6 hrs on a working day which is decent. Also did 2 papers, tomorrow I'll do the mock exam and two former exams and what I can find on the internet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did 4.5 hours of bio, no school tomorrow so I'll type the summary into word now. timing is terrible. Almost know it by heart, and exercises are not too difficult for evolution. My genetics revision from Christmas holidays starts to pay off :smile: so, this will leave me with 6 hrs on a working day which is decent. Also did 2 papers, tomorrow I'll do the mock exam and two former exams and what I can find on the internet

Posted from TSR Mobile

2 PAPERS? wow..you finished syllabus already?

Lucky you got no school..:frown:
Reply 96
Original post by theseeker
2 PAPERS? wow..you finished syllabus already?

Lucky you got no school..:frown:

Don't worry, I don't do A-levels so don't be put off :wink: It's a different system :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't worry, I don't do A-levels so don't be put off :wink: It's a different system :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phew :wink:
Reply 98
I've done one character profile for English Lit and a Point Ev Explain grid to go with it tonight.

Over this week I need to;
- Read About A Boy
- Finish character profiles for English Lit
- Checklist of topics to revise for all sciences (and maths if I have time..)
Reply 99
Did 3.5 hours of biology today, still 2-3 to go :/ but only after 10pm :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending