The Student Room Group

Access course

I was wondering if anybody here has done a access course? If so, how did you find it?
I'm doing the business one now and I love it. Definitely a fast track to uni! It is very intense and a very heavy workload but it's all worth it. You are doing the equivalent to 3 A levels + Study Skills + Level 2 ICT in one year so don't expect it to be easy! I have just received my first offer onto a degree which makes it all it worthwhile :smile: Go for it! One day you will look back and regret the things you didn't try more than the things you did. Good luck!!
Reply 2
Original post by lawstudent91
I'm doing the business one now and I love it. Definitely a fast track to uni! It is very intense and a very heavy workload but it's all worth it. You are doing the equivalent to 3 A levels + Study Skills + Level 2 ICT in one year so don't expect it to be easy! I have just received my first offer onto a degree which makes it all it worthwhile :smile: Go for it! One day you will look back and regret the things you didn't try more than the things you did. Good luck!!

Did you previously do A-Levels? How does the access course work in terms of coursework percentage?
Reply 3
I started an access course (2 year version due to not having English and maths) back in 2010. It was tough at first - I used to muck around and not pay attention at school - more fool me. But once I had settled in I LOVED it. I got taught completely different from when I was in school. And my tutors were incredibly supportive. In hindsight, it's funny how nervous I was, especially when applying to University! But I did it and now I'm more than halfway into my first year at Uni .
Original post by hasan-1-
Did you previously do A-Levels? How does the access course work in terms of coursework percentage?

No you don't need to. They advise you to have, or study for, GCSE Maths and English because Uni will probably want it, that's all. What do you mean 'percentage'?
Reply 5
Original post by lawstudent91
No you don't need to. They advise you to have, or study for, GCSE Maths and English because Uni will probably want it, that's all. What do you mean 'percentage'?

Like how much does coursework count for?
Original post by hasan-1-
Like how much does coursework count for?

A lot. You don't do a placement if that's what you mean? I have had 2 exams, one for Law and one for History but some subjects don't have exams, like I didn't have to do one for Social Work.
You have quite a lot of assignments to do but they're maximum 2000 words so don't worry too much about it. Lots of people have got to uni through this course including me so it can;t be that hard!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending