The Student Room Group

OCR 21st CENTURY SCIENCE P4 P5 P6

I was wondering how everyone thought about the exam, i hated those stupid six markers... Especially the resistance and wire length

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It was awful - everyone in my year said the same.. And the wire in that question wasn't even correctly connected to the circuit!. The whole exam seem vaguely based on the specification and the questions were not as clear and concise as the chemistry and biology exams. The 6 mark questions seemed to be very difficult, the knowledge that you had to apply wasn't hinted at clearly as for many of the questions! The grade boundaries, in my opinion need to be lowered significantly.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
I agree , i revised the theory and most of the exam was ethics... Also i noticed that there was only one multiple choice question... There was a clear surplus of joining lines to boxes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
There is no doubt that i failed this exam. I barely had enough time to answer the questions, let alone go through all of them. Most people, inlcuding me, thought that it was an utter nightmare.
Reply 4
Hopefully if thats the case then the boundaries will be really low .. Last june i think it was something like 39/60 for an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Let's hope they are... I thought was extremely difficult!
Yeah I hope the grade boundaries are really low...
I hated the questions especially the one where you have to prove that 5.5m/s was the maximum speed,
I tried every equation and number but it still didn't work :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by chococup123
Yeah I hope the grade boundaries are really low...
I hated the questions especially the one where you have to prove that 5.5m/s was the maximum speed,
I tried every equation and number but it still didn't work :frown:

That one got my hopes up because i got it

1.) firstly u had to realise that gpe lost was ke gained

2.) then you had to use the equation to figure out that 0.03= 1/2 x 0.002 x v^2

3.) times both sides by 2 and divide by 0.002 and you will get v^2 = 30

4.) getting the square root of both sides will get you 5.477... And you can round up to 5.5 therefore giving you the maximum speed

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Some of the questions were easy but most didnt really hint at what knowledge was needed.UNFAIR!!!
Reply 9
tahir i know you did good

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
It was the crappiest exam ever. There was no time to even finish the paper let alone check answers. I missed about 6 questions. Our invigilators cleverly calculated the time so that we had 5 mins less. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which questions did you find difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Most of it :frown:

Especially the maths questions, i didnt know which equations to use. Also the 6 mark questions on circuits. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The wire 6 mark, parts of the CAT scan question and the P5 parts.

http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCs_SB2FkaADGDcPNrSTI3yQ#/watch?v=unOsFVXTaiw

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
last year's paper was insanely easy
Original post by chococup123
yeah i hope the grade boundaries are really low...
i tried every equation and number but it still didn't work :frown:

90%- a*
80%- a
70%- b
60%- c
50%- d
Thats just UMS, raw mark was 39/60 for an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
results coming out this Thursday or something?
Reply 19
this thread is moist!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending