The Student Room Group

FP1 28 January 2013

There doesn't seem to be a thread anywhere near the front page, so I guess discussion can take place here if there is a need for it.

If anyone else has done practice paper C I'd like to know how on Earth the quick solution to 8(d) works, as mine takes about 12 lines. The solution on the mark scheme seems to jump straight to my 9th line!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm looking to redeem my M2 performance in this exam. I just hope the paper is pretty nice.
I'm expecting this paper to be a bitch.

That's why I'm cramming in revision like a bitch.

:'(
Reply 3
How can this paper even be made difficult?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by LShirley95
There doesn't seem to be a thread anywhere near the front page, so I guess discussion can take place here if there is a need for it.

If anyone else has done practice paper C I'd like to know how on Earth the quick solution to 8(d) works, as mine takes about 12 lines. The solution on the mark scheme seems to jump straight to my 9th line!

Got a link to the question?
Reply 5
Does anybody do the induction divisibility questions differently to what they normally have in the markschemes?
Reply 6
Original post by Miniannihilator7
Got a link to the question?

I've attached the paper to this post. There doesn't seem to be any links online!

Original post by 101101
Does anybody do the induction divisibility questions differently to what they normally have in the markschemes?

Yep, always. My teacher marked me down for using -4f(x) rather than just -f(x). Which I don't understand as it's still a proof. I even end up with Lemmas sometimes if I don't do what they're expecting me to. I think the golden rule is in general to try -f(x) first, as I haven't actually seen a paper yet where it doesn't work. That's what I'll be doing on Monday.
(edited 11 years ago)
I found question 2 about <insert subject> hard.
Reply 8
You are not allowed to discuss the paper until after midnight.

Don't wait up for my model answers, no one at my centre was doing it, so I don't have a paper.
Reply 9
Original post by Arsey

Don't wait up for my model answers, no one at my centre was doing it, so I don't have a paper.

ahh didn't know, thanks! il delete it if I know how to haha
Reply 10
Original post by Miniannihilator7
Paper was good! Apart from the one about p^2 q^2 #whaaat

OMG same! I had no idea what to do for that question. Overall like all the other FP1 paper it was okay. Hopefully I get a high A *fingers cross*
Reply 11
Can't wait for arsey to release the paper and mark scheme. So nervous! :0
Original post by Raeesah
Can't wait for arsey to release the paper and mark scheme. So nervous! :0
He said he probably won't do it as no one in his centre did the paper so he doesn't have a copy of the paper.
Original post by brittanna
He said he probably won't do it as no one in his centre did the paper so he doesn't have a copy of the paper.

Darn

If I had realised that I would have brought one home

I can do answers tomorrow pm if still needed
Original post by Haesights
What modules do you teach? (out of curiosity :tongue:)

I have taught

C1, C2, C3, C4, FP1, FP2, FP3, M1, M2, (M3 a long time ago), S1, S2, D1, D2 (not recently)

At the moment I am teaching C1-4, S1, and FP2

I am home tutoring M2 and D2 also at the moment
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Arsey

Arsey, are you putting c4 solutions at midnight?
Original post by Haesights
Does home tutor mean you tutor privately?
Do you get to swap around what modules you teach-I hear they do that in other subjects where it gets boring teaching the same part every year.

No, I mean my daughter is doing FM but mainly through home

We share the teaching but not everyone can do everything
Reply 17
Original post by abiharan
Arsey, are you putting c4 solutions at midnight?

yep and M3
Reply 18
Original post by TenOfThem
Darn

If I had realised that I would have brought one home

I can do answers tomorrow pm if still needed

That'd be brilliant if you could. I know a lot of people would be interested! Thanks! Any idea of what time you will post the model answers?
Reply 19
will anyone upload unofficial markscheme today by any chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending