Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why isn't there an age limit on becoming a moderator?

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    meh... what i said is completely different to ****. :hmpf:

Okay. It isn't.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    If you want to get back to the original question, then no, I don't think there should be an age limit on modship, just a good-enough-to-do-the-job limit.

There, is that what you mean by getting back on topic?
    yes thank you.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cindy)
    Like what? Oh yeah I could warn you for avoiding the swear filter but I am showing you respect as you are older than me....................not! :rolleyes:
    Yes, that sounds very mature.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninman)
    Yes, that sounds very mature.
    It does, doesn't it. :girl:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princess Ana)
    Apollo's always been an excellent mod, as was LH before he stood down. Maturity and ability to mod well aren't linked to age in any way other than the most loosest.

In the UK, 16 year olds are deemed old enough to marry and have kids. I don't see why modding TSR is more demanding than either of those things.
    16 year olds can only marry with the consent of their parents.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoea85)
    I don't like to see people getting shot down by a mob of people. People on here always gang together and attack someone with a different view. I agree with your views ninman, the rules on here can be pretty pedantic, and you usually fall into them at some time or other because they're so picky that you don't even think that you might be breaking them and I think most people, whether they admit it or not would be at least slightly peeved if they were told what to do by a 16 yr old... ah well, guess everything has it's cons. TSR is great, but it is blimmin strict.
    mods=:fuhrer:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal)
    16 year olds can only marry with the consent of their parents.
    Not in Scotland. That's in the UK, right.

</technicality>
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    In Scotland 16 year olds still require consent. I believe the requirment ceases at 17, although as I'm not scottish I'm not sure. However, the majority of the UK certainly requires parental consent.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    So a 21 year old can tell you what to do, but a 16 year old can't? (even though it is the same thing) :s:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pfft, I was being arsey in a non-serious way.

Bah.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    In Scotland 16 year olds still require consent. I believe the requirment ceases at 17, although as I'm not scottish I'm not sure. However, the majority of the UK certainly requires parental consent.
    I agree, and I'm English, so they do here. It was the potential to be married that I was using in my argument, rather than the practicalities of actually getting to the church.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, you've got the potential to be considered criminally liable at 11 that doesn't mean you have the requisite maturity to know right from wrong.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I left home and went to University when I was 16. At that point I was considered an adult, but in all honesty I was too young. I should've waited another year before I started University.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're an adult when you reach the legal age of majority. Not before. If you go to university before you are legally an adult, the university is held in loco parentis.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Funny; reading your posts, I could've sworn you were fifteen at the most.
    Less most certainly. Don't insult us 15-year olds
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    Less most certainly. Don't insult us 15-year olds
    Yes because you're old enough to be a good judge of that.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, can everyone stop making personal comments. Please.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninman)
    Yes because you're old enough to be a good judge of that.
    Apparently, I'm a better judge than you. The immaturity you have exhibited in this thread is almost too appalling to be believable.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't make me say it again...

:sulk sulk:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, you've got the potential to be considered criminally liable at 11 that doesn't mean you have the requisite maturity to know right from wrong.
    No, but these ages are picked becuase they're an acceptable compromise: at 11, many if not most kids will have learnt the difference between right and wrong, even if they're not au fait with all the ins and outs of the law.
Updated: May 6, 2006
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.