The Student Room Group

Feel bad about prelim.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by MC1723
Everyone says that but it'll be rather bad if i get really bad marks cause it think my mentor gets a hold of them too...? maybe? though we just get them given them and then again in the reports i think

Who cares what anyone thinks ! At the end of the day you did your best and im sure you will acknowledge your mistakes and correct them for the main. We have a few months to deal with our flaws.

I really need to start taking my own advice lolol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by Aay
Who cares what anyone thinks ! At the end of the day you did your best and im sure you will acknowledge your mistakes and correct them for the main. We have a few months to deal with our flaws.

I really need to start taking my own advice lolol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah i find myself doing that too often - its much easier lecturing others than yourself :P haha
Reply 62
My Maths, Business and Accounts teachers all told us that if we fail the prelim we're automatically moved down to int2. I'm genuinely scared.... :cry2: :shot:

Thank god they're my favourite subjects but its still worrying.
Original post by JackE5
My Maths, Business and Accounts teachers all told us that if we fail the prelim we're automatically moved down to int2. I'm genuinely scared.... :cry2: :shot:

Thank god they're my favourite subjects but its still worrying.

they all say that, it's a bluff. They can't force you to move down levels if you have passed the 3 nabs.
Reply 64
Our maths teacher says if we get below 30% we are not allowed it to sit the final exam, if we get >30% we will pass the final exam. Probably not true but idk their logic
Reply 65
Glad my english prelim is over and done with :smile: Answered all the close-reading questions and wrote 4 pages for both critical essays!
Reply 66
Original post by n x
Glad my english prelim is over and done with :smile: Answered all the close-reading questions and wrote 4 pages for both critical essays!

Cannot wait for next tuesday!!! no more english exams until may.

How did you find it tash!!
Original post by MC1723
how was close reading and essays? surely it couldnt have been that bad someone in my school experienced a complete an utter blank moment and so wrote about how desperate housewives shows the darker side of mankind..

Well I finished them... but my handwriting was as predicted: illegible, and I don't think I answered the essay questions..

Close reading was good though!

Omg :L My friend wrote about a pink floyd song in his int 2 exam last year :L
I think that performance on past papers is a more accurate barometer of your exam-fu than prelims individual schools can be fantastically arbitrary sometimes. I walk maths past papers, for example, but my school's maths paper 1 even my teacher thought that it was particularly sadistic. So, don't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Original post by TheFOMaster
Well I finished them... but my handwriting was as predicted: illegible, and I don't think I answered the essay questions..

Close reading was good though!

Omg :L My friend wrote about a pink floyd song in his int 2 exam last year :L

Hahaha did he get any marks...? :L
Reply 70
People im finishedddd :biggrin:

Chem today was reasonable. Guessed multiple choice haha and managed to answer all questions apart from a 2 marker.

Confident ill get a reasonable pass. Not fussed about an A at the moment.

Its going to be hard to find something to do for the next few days haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by spikyleaves
I think that performance on past papers is a more accurate barometer of your exam-fu than prelims individual schools can be fantastically arbitrary sometimes. I walk maths past papers, for example, but my school's maths paper 1 even my teacher thought that it was particularly sadistic. So, don't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree 100%

Thanks for the reply :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aay
people im finishedddd :d

chem today was reasonable. Guessed multiple choice haha and managed to answer all questions apart from a 2 marker.

Confident ill get a reasonable pass. Not fussed about an a at the moment.

posted from tsr mobile

not fair....i've deffoz failed....
You lucky dog!! :frown:
Reply 73
Original post by Aay
People im finishedddd :biggrin:

Chem today was reasonable. Guessed multiple choice haha and managed to answer all questions apart from a 2 marker.

Confident ill get a reasonable pass. Not fussed about an A at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How about my Physics prelim on thursday:wink:? Ive barely looked at anything so you can't do any worse than I will :tongue:

Well done though :biggrin: Nothing better than having all your prelims finished!
Reply 74
Original post by Reece:)
How about my Physics prelim on thursday:wink:? Ive barely looked at anything so you can't do any worse than I will :tongue:

Well done though :biggrin: Nothing better than having all your prelims finished!

Haha goodluckk mfriendd.

To be honest there really was no point in studying for my prelims if im totay honest, the papers were very weird. Oh well, done and dusted.

Now in the next week or two we shall see how bad I actually did haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
English was okay, my first essay was complete rubbish but I think I did decently for the close reading and my second essay. Physics and maths are Thursday and Friday which I'm not too worried about although History is on Monday :nooo:
Reply 76
Original post by Aay
Haha goodluckk mfriendd.

To be honest there really was no point in studying for my prelims if im totay honest, the papers were very weird. Oh well, done and dusted.

Now in the next week or two we shall see how bad I actually did haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Advice for next year: don't pick advanced higher sciences:wink:

Yeahhh that's how I think about it aswell, but I am going to fail physics so I do need to study a bit... Not that it's happened!

Uchh I'm back at school tomorrow and I've only sat one exam? Had like 7 days off and done nothing :L

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 77

Yeahhh that's how I think about it aswell, but I am going to fail physics so I do need to study a bit... Not that it's happened!

Uchh I'm back at school tomorrow and I've only sat one exam? Had like 7 days off and done nothing :L

Haha I want to do just two adv highers and thats it. Personally I dont want to go back but due to me wanting to do medicine Im not sure what else I'll do?

Youll be fine; but 7 days mann :redface: Sort some studying out :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MC1723
Hahaha did he get any marks...? :L

He got a D? He might've got like 11 or something :L

Wrong! Don't take AH Biology! The other 2 (I do Chem) are fineeee

And 7 days with no studying? I'll be doing 6 for physics :L
Reply 79
Original post by Aay

Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone got in before me, but you can do my five prelims!!!

I done a practice prelim (from my school from 2010) the multiple choice was actually so easy compared to past papers but the section b was so much harder :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending