The Student Room Group

Attack on Black family in Compton latest incident in wave of Anti-Black violence

The black family—a mother, three teenage children and a 10-year-old boy—moved into a little yellow home in Compton over Christmas vacation.
When a friend came to visit, four men in a black SUV pulled up and called him a "******," saying black people were barred from the neighborhood, according to Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies. They jumped out, drew a gun on him and beat him with metal pipes.
It was just the beginning of what detectives said was a campaign by a Latino street gang to force an African American family to leave.
The attacks on the family are the latest in a series of violent incidents in which Latino gangs targeted blacks in parts of greater Los Angeles over the last decade.
Compton, with a population of about 97,000, was predominantly black for many years. It is now 65% Latino and 33% black, according to the 2010 U.S. census. But it's not only historically black areas that have been targeted.
Federal authorities have alleged in several indictments in the last decade that the Mexican Mafia prison gang has ordered street gangs under its control to attack African Americans. Leaders of the Azusa 13 gang were sentenced to lengthy prison terms earlier this month for leading a policy of attacking African American residents and expelling them from the town.

"This gang has always made it clear they have a racial hatred for black people," said Westin, who has worked in the area for more than two decades. "They justify in their own sick minds because of their rivalry with the Compton black gangs. They repeatedly used racial epithets, they use racial hatred graffiti and they tag up the black church a lot."

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0126-compton-20130126,0,977110.story

Scroll to see replies

This isn't America so no one cares
Reply 2
Original post by SleepySheep

you did about the new delhi rape. :rolleyes:
Reply 3
whats your point op?

you want us all to arm up and go fight for black rights?
Original post by United4prem
you did about the new delhi rape. :rolleyes:

Not comparable plus I don't actually know anything about the New Delhi rape.
Reply 5
When something happens in South Central Los Angeles, nothing happens it's just another ***** dead...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMD538KjqFg
(edited 11 years ago)
Wow, it's 2013, the human race has been to the moon and done so many amazing things, yet it can't get over skin pigmentation. I just don't get it.:nope:
Reply 7
Why did the movie American History X suddenly spring to mind when i read this ?:rolleyes:
Reply 8
Original post by cl_steele
Why did the movie American History X suddenly spring to mind when i read this ?:rolleyes:

Racial violence? It wasn't latino on black but about white on black violence, prison, rehabilitation.
Reply 9
Original post by alexs2602
Racial violence? It wasn't latino on black but about white on black violence, prison, rehabilitation.

Sorry come again?
Reply 10
Black people wont take that ****, im pretty sure the bloods and crips will be shooting back, seeing though compton is a gang area. These latino people probs only targeting black people who look like norbit tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Gonna move this to news and current affairs
Sorry come again?

American History X was not about latino on black violence. It was about the racist murders of the white main character on black victims, the main character's imprisonment, rehabilitation(in terms of paying and repenting for his crimes and past attitudes) and release from prison.
Reply 13
American History X was not about latino on black violence. It was about the racist murders of the white main character on black victims, the main character's imprisonment, rehabilitation(in terms of paying and repenting for his crimes and past attitudes) and release from prison.

I was more talking about the gangs meadering around LA battering each other because of their skin colour, the fact that this is about south americans not whites makes no difference at all.
Im well aware of what the movie is about, you seem to be ignoring large chunks of it though.
I was more talking about the gangs meadering around LA battering each other because of their skin colour, the fact that this is about south americans not whites makes no difference at all.
Im well aware of what the movie is about, you seem to be ignoring large chunks of it though.

It wasn't about gangs or LA. It was about Miami(South beach) and a white power group. The black people were hardly gang members by any strict definition of the term. They tried to steal his car late at night, were schoolkids, prisoners with no apparent gang affiliation, a Principal. Only one very minor character may have been a gang member. I haven't watched the movie too recently but I can tell you that much. In the movie the sister likened the white power group to the KKK, to which Ed Norton's character makes derogatory remarks about the KKK but there are definitely parallels which wouldn't make it a gang. The only part you got right was the racism of one group within the movie.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
It wasn't about gangs or LA. It was about Miami(South beach) and a white power group. The black people were hardly gang members by any strict definition of the term. They tried to steal his car late at night, were schoolkids, prisoners with no apparent gang affiliation, a Principal. Only one very minor character may have been a gang member. I haven't watched the movie too recently but I can tell you that much. In the movie the sister likened the white power group to the KKK, to which Ed Norton's character makes derogatory remarks about the KKK but there are definitely parallels which wouldn't make it a gang.

I didnt say it was solely about that? It still featured gangs... please dont try and say that the white power kiddies werent in a gang and the blacks [no not the ones jacking his car] werent either... go rewatch the film.
Yes he derides the KKK as disorganised idiots but that doesnt mean hes not in a gang ?:s-smilie:
I didnt say it was solely about that? It still featured gangs... please dont try and say that the white power kiddies werent in a gang and the blacks [no not the ones jacking his car] werent either... go rewatch the film.
Yes he derides the KKK as disorganised idiots but that doesnt mean hes not in a gang ?:s-smilie:

I don't need to rewatch it, I know the movie very well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_power_skinhead I wouldn't say that's a gang. There's only one scene related to gang crime arguably in the entire movie, in the prison drug scene. A much better movie comparison in every way would be End of Watch with Jake Gyllenhaal, mentioned earlier in the thread. Set in LA, very clear gang overtones, in fact one scene is pretty much exactly what happened in this story.
(edited 11 years ago)
Was totally expecting this to involve white guys...
Reply 18
economically speaking, its obvious that mass immigration has been extremely bad for black americans as their communities have been flooded with poor, cheap labour mainly from mexico and south america -- not only have they lost jobs and seen their wages drop, they also now have to contend with the massive explosion of racist latino gangs into their neighbourhoods.

for obvious reasons the media has been keeping this stuff very quiet as it contradicts their fantasy around the issues of mass immigration and diversity.
Original post by SleepySheep

Wrong. Some do care and some will want to talk about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending