The Student Room Group

Attack on Black family in Compton latest incident in wave of Anti-Black violence

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cl_steele
Why did the movie American History X suddenly spring to mind when i read this ?:rolleyes:

I don't know because it's pretty irrelevant
Original post by thunder_chunky
Wrong. Some do care and some will want to talk about it.

Replace 'no one' with 'very very very few people' then.
Reply 22
Mexican gangs, the bloods and crips have been fighting each other for ages. It's only new to the ignorant.
Reply 23
Original post by kombu
economically speaking, its obvious that mass immigration has been extremely bad for black americans as their communities have been flooded with poor, cheap labour mainly from mexico and south america -- not only have they lost jobs and seen their wages drop, they also now have to contend with the massive explosion of racist latino gangs into their neighbourhoods.

for obvious reasons the media has been keeping this stuff very quiet as it contradicts their fantasy around the issues of mass immigration and diversity.

No. The media "keeps it quiet" because it's in the US. It's on the news a lot of the time in America.
Original post by SleepySheep
Replace 'no one' with 'very very very few people' then.

Some will want to talk about it. Deal with it.
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
Was totally expecting this to involve white guys...

Latino's can be white (as well as black and mixed race), there is no race called "Latino", it is a culture. However, we do not know the racial colour of these individuals but we can pretty much guess, since their attacks were based on racial motives.
Original post by Jingers
Mexican gangs, the bloods and crips have been fighting each other for ages. It's only new to the ignorant.

Yes, but how do we know these attacks were gang related whether or not they have had these issues for ages is neither here or their now they are taking out on everyday people, who probably do not involve themselves in such culture, why should it not make news.
Original post by hannah60000
Latino's can be white (as well as black and mixed race), there is no race called "Latino", it is a culture. However, we do not know the racial colour of these individuals but we can pretty much guess, since their attacks were based on racial motives.

Good point, however 'latinos', at least the more ignorant ghetto rat variety probably don't identify much with your paler north and eastern European Caucasians.

Least that's the impression I have garnered.
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
Good point, however 'latinos', at least the more ignorant ghetto rat variety probably don't identify much with your paler north and eastern European Caucasians.

Least that's the impression I have garnered.

Of course I see your point, it depends what you consider as race (colour, culture, at bit of both, etc.).
I view Hispanic or Latino, as multiracial nations. However, not all white people identify with Europe at least not immediately probably say oh my ancestry is German or Spanish, etc, so if race is based on colour some would at least call themselves white (or European racially perhaps?)
Reply 29
Original post by SleepySheep
I don't know because it's pretty irrelevant

No.
Original post by cl_steele
No.

..?
Reply 31
Original post by hannah60000

I know what they looked like. What is your guess?.....are you saying they are white Latinos?
Original post by thunder_chunky
Some will want to talk about it. Deal with it.

Lol ok dude
Reply 33
Yet more evidence of how the noble dream of liberty has gone drown the drain in the USA.
Reply 34
Original post by alexs2602
American History X was not about latino on black violence. It was about the racist murders of the white main character on black victims, the main character's imprisonment, rehabilitation(in terms of paying and repenting for his crimes and past attitudes) and release from prison.

They made 2 endings where in the one that is hard to get a copy of, the white guy turns racist again after his brother is killed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skeppy
They made 2 endings where in the one that is hard to get a copy of, the white guy turns racist again after his brother is killed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That I did not know, what's the name of the edition? I'll look out for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending