The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Half a bottle of toffee vodka, 6 cans of Fosters and about 8 cans of cider. Wasn't nice, seeming as I hate the taste of all three of those..
Reply 2
Something like 20-25 units. That was my first, and worst, hangover. Never again. I'm quite small so this probably doesn't sound like much to a lot of people, but that was the only time I've crawled to bed as I could not stand up straight.
A litre of Morgan's Spiced or threes bottles of wine. Ergh! (Any more and I'm sick)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
If drunk at a reasonably quick pace:

2 pints = relaxed
4 pints = merry and sociable
6 pints = tipsy, slightly slurry
8 pints = starting to get drunk now, room spinning
10 pints = sick

But it depends how you pace yourself. I've been on all day drinking sessions when I've had 20 pints and been less drunk than I have been after 6 pints in a hurry.

Its hard to get properly smashed on beer. Spirits are far more dangerous. You can think you're absolutely fine then a big black wall of incoherence suddenly hits you.
Reply 5
10 pints of home made cider (~10%), 6 beers + about 10 shots.... Wasn't a pretty sight...
Normally about 8 beers and a couple of shots and i'm "fine"
Reply 6
Half a bottle of french absynthe. God that burned.
A whole bottle of home made sloe Gin has also been known to be consumed by me very quickly!
Reply 7
My worst experience, a ten glass of Nordoff vodka drunk in 15 minutes. Was sick by 20 minutes.
Reply 8
About half a litre of vodka, 5 or 6 beers, 2-3 Jagerbombs, a couple of Absinthe shots, a couple sours shots and about half a cocktail pitcher.

I was a mess.
Reply 9
No idea.

Something upwards of 60 units a few years ago.

Now maybe 40 if I were inclined to and had eaten plenty.

Depends what counts as a 'night' really.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Manitude
Something like 20-25 units. That was my first, and worst, hangover. Never again. I'm quite small so this probably doesn't sound like much to a lot of people, but that was the only time I've crawled to bed as I could not stand up straight.

That's loads! I get hungover and throw up loads on 8 units easily. Been known to be sick on less.
Reply 11
Probably the most I've had was: 6 pints (lager), glass of wine, 2 sambuca shots, bottle of desperados then 2 treble vodkas (which I had foolishly topped up with Asda own brand vodka from a plastic water bottle smuggled in.)

I wasn't aware a 2 day hangover was possible before that night. :moon:
Reply 12
3 litres of Frosty Jacks, 4 double vodkas and coke plus a few pints.
6 shots of Sambuca, 2 Coke's + Amaretto, 2 Bulmers No17. But I'm not a heavy heavy drinker like the others here!
Reply 14
14-15 bottles of budweiser
3L of frostyjacks
couple of vodka+coke shots

All was rushed/1 after another, and i was gone and had the worst hangover ever.
Reply 15
Most I have drank in one night is 3 pints and 20 Jagerbombs... they were pretty much 1 shot of Jager, 2 shots of RedBull so you could knock them back fairly quickly.

Took me 20 minutes to get in my house because I couldn't get the key in the door, then I threw up on my bed and had the worst hangover in the world. I remember the whole night though and it was honestly one of the best nights out I've ever had.
Used to be able to do about 8-10 pints, now no more than like 1 an hour due to medication that destroys my alcohol tolerance.
Reply 17
5 pints, 10 Jaegerbombs, 10 vodka + coke.

I don't know how far I can push it until I pass out. Certainly the above didn't knock me off my feet - yes I was probably acting a bit like an idiot, but not to the point that the night bus driver wouldn't let me on. The biggest problem is I can hardly remember any of it, just a few flashes.

Thankfully though my weird idiosyncrasies serve me well in this situation. One I stayed overnight at a hotel on a friend's birthday night out in Glasgow, and for some strange reason, when I got back at 4am totally wasted I went to the trouble of hanging my coat up properly in the wardrobe??? Anyway, such weirdness like that means I never seem to wake up missing anything, nor end up sleeping on the floor outside because I can't crawl my way to bed.

And, also, unlike many people whose speech and texting turns to **** after too much to drink, apparently I become ridiculously eloquent with my word choice. So maybe being very drunk isn't so bad :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
It does depend on what you mean by night because an early start really helps. Last summer I drank 4 bottles of wine for predrinks and still made it out.
Reply 19
Original post by ily_em
That's loads! I get hungover and throw up loads on 8 units easily. Been known to be sick on less.

I know people like this. In some ways it's good because you hardly need to spend any money to get nicely drunk. I rarely drink more than about ten units a night these days as I don't feel the need to go and get really drunk as I've done it so many times before. I'll have between two and four pints a night when I go out. It's enough to get my merry but not drunk, and it's that expensive either, if one of those pints is while I'm at home.

Latest