The Student Room Group

gcse aqa ISA grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by sneakbo2
Just include repeats on the same table, and when you draw the graph if you have anomalies just move them up on to the line, then change your data in the table hahaha, saves you having to write about why you had an anomaly in the exam :smile:

Loool! You gotta help me later on the table really dont get this -.-
This is my last isa thank God!
What ISA's have you got left?
I've done my physics and bio ones, they were okay! But this one is hard !

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 21
I got 39/50 in my Physics ISA, is that likely to be an A*?
Original post by qwre
I got 39/50 in my Physics ISA, is that likely to be an A*?

Maybe, but it will be close as to whether it is an A or not.
I got 42/50 in my chemistry isa - do you think this is an A* and roughly what UMS do you think it could be? I got 38 in biology and 47 in physics - what grades do you think those are as well?
Reply 24
Original post by ThatGirlx
Is anyone doing or done the chemistry isa on burning fuels for energy ?

Yeah I done this ISA in year 10 (I'm in year 11 now) I thought it was quite hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
When will people realise that the grade boundaries have not been decided yet for this summer? As there are new science specifications this year there is no past data to go on all all this discussion is based on unsubstantiated guesses and a complete waste of time.
My teacher said you have to double the raw mark to get your ums for the ISA. So this means that for an A* you have to get 45/50 which I think is personally very high. However last years grade boundaries were 36/40 for an A* but this was a different specification.
Reply 27
my teachers said that they thought it was about 43/50 for a* (90ums) and 46 or higher for 100ums and then around 38 for an a, but now they think it might be higher (though they probably want us to work harder)
No-one knows for sure what the grade boundaries for the ISA's are, so I'd take any predictions from teachers with a pinch of salt. Those who predict 39 for an A* are doing so off the premise that 39 is the A* grade boundary for the Combined Science ISA's, however those ISA's are slightly different from those that we've all done. Those who predict that 45 for an A* are doing so off the premise that in previous years you've had to achieve 90% of the marks in the ISA's to get an A* (36/40).
Reply 29
I'm pretty sure i got 45+ for both my chem and bio isas; do you think it will equate to 95+ ums marks?
Reply 30
Hoping for 3 A's in sciences come results day,

I got 35/50 in biology isa
99UMS in core
83UMS in additional
ANY IDEAS WHAT THE UMS FOR MY ISA IS? WANT TO KNOW IF I COULD SQEEZE AN A*

Also, any ideas what 41/50 for chem isa is
And 44/50 for physics.

I think the physics isa I did was an additional one if that makes a difference?
Thank you!
Original post by clara16
Hoping for 3 A's in sciences come results day,

I got 35/50 in biology isa
99UMS in core
83UMS in additional
ANY IDEAS WHAT THE UMS FOR MY ISA IS? WANT TO KNOW IF I COULD SQEEZE AN A*

Also, any ideas what 41/50 for chem isa is
And 44/50 for physics.

I think the physics isa I did was an additional one if that makes a difference?
Thank you!

Hi!!!

I do triple science, so I'm no expert on core and additional, but I'd say a reasonable estimate for the Bio ISA would be 75 ums, but that could be way off as nobody knows. The general feeling is that the boundary for an A* in the triple ISA's (don't know if they're the same as yours) will be around 43 or 44, maybe less, maybe more.

I'd say Chemistry would be a high A, maybe an A* just, and that Physics would probably be an A*.

Hope that helps, but remember, they're just educated guesses from what my teachers and everyone on here seems to think.:wink:
Reply 32
Original post by dandaman7771
Hi!!!

I do triple science, so I'm no expert on core and additional, but I'd say a reasonable estimate for the Bio ISA would be 75 ums, but that could be way off as nobody knows. The general feeling is that the boundary for an A* in the triple ISA's (don't know if they're the same as yours) will be around 43 or 44, maybe less, maybe more.

I'd say Chemistry would be a high A, maybe an A* just, and that Physics would probably be an A*.

Hope that helps, but remember, they're just educated guesses from what my teachers and everyone on here seems to think.:wink:

Thank you! pretty annoyed with my teacher about the biology isa tbh don't see how I can go from 99ums to a b! but there we go. haha
Reply 33
What sort of grade/UMS are my ISA marks?
36/50 - Physics
39/50 - Biology
44/50 - Chemistry
Reply 34
Original post by Girl96
What sort of grade/UMS are my ISA marks?
36/50 - Physics
39/50 - Biology
44/50 - Chemistry

Phys B/low A
Bio high A
Chem A*
Reply 35
Hey guys i got 39/50 in my isa in aqa core science 2012. Do you reckon thats an a or b or a*
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by arjun21
Hey guys i got 39/50 in my isa in aqa core science 2012. Do you reckon thats an a or b or a*

I'm not 100% sure but I think that's a B. The grade boundaries are very confusing though!
My teachers were saying that 39 was roughly minimum for an A* according to last year's boundaries so hopefully those grade boundaries still apply.
I got 49/50 in my physics,

my teacher pointed out that the grade boundaries increase year by year so a predicted 45/50 would secure you an A* for this year? but that might just be her opinion.
Original post by Nick Latham
Double your raw marks for an approximate 'safe' estimate for the grade. But they are likely to change. EG - 44 is 88% which is technically an A, but the chances are the boundaries will drop and it will become an A*. But the 90% / doubling is the 'safe zone' for a guaranteed A* or whatever.

So how do the UMSs work?

Quick Reply

Latest