The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Irish student going Bangor university for PGCE Primary sept 2013

Hey

Just got a conditional offer for the primary PGCE in Sept. Really looking forward to starting. Anyone else get an offer or any other Irish people heading over for this course?
Reply 1
Hey, I've also got a conditional offer for September. Im from Kildare.. good to know there's some Irish :smile:! So confused about what to do re accommodation and teaching placements... Any ideas?
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi guys I'm in the same boat as I'm coming over from Ireland .. Meath to be specific. I have a condition offer for year 2 Sport, Health and Physical Education. So be nice to know of some other Irish people who are heading over
Reply 3
Hey

Nice to hear from ye:smile: I'm from Wexford and hopefully heading over to do upper primary.i am really unsure about what to do re accommodation as we could be moved a few hours away for placement. Will ye be heading over on boat from Dublin port?
Reply 4
Original post by elainey
Hey

Nice to hear from ye:smile: I'm from Wexford and hopefully heading over to do upper primary.i am really unsure about what to do re accommodation as we could be moved a few hours away for placement. Will ye be heading over on boat from Dublin port?

Yeah it would be dublin port i would head over from its only like 1.5 hours on the boat and then about 40 mins into bangor. I've not got a clue about the whole accommodation thing so will have to figure it all out. i have get through my current degree first as the condition of the offer was completion of my ordinary degree :smile:
are u planning on going over to an open day?
Reply 5
well theres four irish for the pgce 2013/14 programme.. so we make up half of it ha! the boat is so handy to get over. the swift is much quicker but very reliant on weather so often doesnt run. we should arrange to meet up going over. bit of support :wink:!! i plan on living in halls first and then deciding where to live. one of the Uni Lecturers has sent me a link to local accom if ye are interested in it..
Reply 6
That is good to know anyway:smile:I am really looking forward to heading over, all going good and I get my deg in june!fingers crossed!!Yes the boat is so handy, got it going over for interview!Yea exactly would be nice to know a few before land over there. I rang about accommodation today and yes your right can have halls for the first 2 wks she said, up to the 14th sept but then have get own accommodation. Yes definitely would be interested in that!The lady on phone said about lodgings or a holiday house, sometimes groups do that for the few wks before placement.
Reply 7
Hey, there is a Facebook group for the primary PGCE if you all want to try and join. Not many members atm but hopefully it will get more.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/349994051785587/
Reply 8
Original post by annie90
Hi guys I'm in the same boat as I'm coming over from Ireland .. Meath to be specific. I have a condition offer for year 2 Sport, Health and Physical Education. So be nice to know of some other Irish people who are heading over

Hi Annie, Brendan here, I'll be heading into 2nd year next year so give me a shout if your ever wondering about anything over here or need a contact for a landlord !!
https://www.facebook.com/brendan.byrne.355
Hey lads! Obviously give all settled in by now. I'm hoping to head over in 12 months time if the biomedical course is still on offer then. I'm heading into 6th year, any tips, help or advice on Bangor or just uni in general would be great as I've not got a clue! Thanks, (Kilkenny man btw)

Quick Reply

Latest