The Student Room Group

GF has a bad armpit smell - how to tell her?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by popprincess
Whatever you do dont tell her you have noticed anything!!!! You can sort it out without having to tell her that
If i were you, I would just sort of make a joke or something about how she puts on her deoderant poiting out to her that she is not putting it on properly or something.
If the reason she smells is because she does not put on the deoderant well then you can deal with the problem without embarrassing her, just make sure she does.
if thats not the whole reason why she smells, then she cant help it anyways, and you are just gonna upset her
but im sure either way it will help
be subtle

buy her some nice soaps for her birthday or as a gift or something.maybe suggest taking a shower together?
1940's alert, I swear you were the one who made a thread about putting males to shame who earn less than their wives? lol
Reply 21
grab her deodorant and spray her as a joke but spray the armpit. You gotta play around and joke with her.

'(her name) you smell let me spray you '

*lets you spray her*

'lift up your arms we gotta get rid of that B.O'

the important thing here is to sound as if you are joking and just playing around.
Had the same problem with my ex. Would also love to know how to deal with this other than buy a roll-on. That's basically admitting that you think she stinks.
I've never known a girl with B.O? mate, thats gross.

Well I know they can, but I don't go round smelling girls pits.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by RichyFrench
Had the same problem with my ex. Would also love to know how to deal with this other than buy a roll-on. That's basically admitting that you think she stinks.

Buy her a set of roll on and cream in the same thing or something.

I had a problem like this with my ex too. I kinda just left it. Weird since I don't use deodorant much and a shower would do me fine. Maybe in secondary school and I played basketball/football every day then yeah but since sixth form I haven't had a smell problem.
Reply 25
Original post by Daniel George
I've never known a girl with B.O? mate, thats gross.

Trust me, girls have B.O.
Original post by Cringe
Throw her in the bath.

:rofl:
Well.. Maybe you could like shower with her and then tell her how nice she smells? Maybe she'll start showering before she sees you. There is just not a nice way to tell her she stinks.. really. You could try smelling your armpits first and asking her if you stink and she'll do the same (probably) and you'll tell her that she stinks "a little". :colondollar:
Just tell her what you posted in this thread
I think attempting to joke about it or beating around the bush is just going to make it worse.
Just tell her and deal with the inevitable tears. Less hassle than pussyfooting around.
I'd probably go about this by making a joke at how she puts on deodorant weirdly next time you see her do it. Subtle but it would work, although I have to say even when I don't wear deodorant then it wouldn't make much of a difference because I wash every day. A strong smell of BO is probably down to stale sweat on her clothes or skin, not lack of deodorant. She probably needs to wash more, which is a difficult issue.
Original post by thatrollingstone
Quickly spray it for her when she's yawning/stretching

ninja spray ftw
Reply 32
If she sprays it in front of you, comment that she's doing it from quite a distance. Not in a way that suggests she's at all in the wrong, but simply "Oh, when I spray I always have to hold it much closer or it doesn't really work," and see what she says. You may need to then hint that it doesn't work if she says it's fine, but hopefully she'll realise she's not doing it properly.
Reply 33
Original post by llessur123
I'd probably go about this by making a joke at how she puts on deodorant weirdly next time you see her do it. Subtle but it would work, although I have to say even when I don't wear deodorant then it wouldn't make much of a difference because I wash every day. A strong smell of BO is probably down to stale sweat on her clothes or skin, not lack of deodorant. She probably needs to wash more, which is a difficult issue.

Yeah gotta agree with this, don't get how you can get BO unless you don't bath. I only get BO after playing football or walking around in a suit on a hot day. Otherwise it's next to impossible to get it.
Reply 34
Tell her she smells. If she cries and has a hissie fit, she's probably not girlfriend material.
Reply 35
Don't just buy her a roll on, yikes! Buy her a nice toiletries set, say you thought it smelled good. Maybe bath/shower with her? Make it seem romantic but in reality you just want to wash her properly :biggrin:
Original post by jam277
Yeah gotta agree with this, don't get how you can get BO unless you don't bath. I only get BO after playing football or walking around in a suit on a hot day. Otherwise it's next to impossible to get it.

some people have medical conditions or sweat more than others:colondollar:
Just ask her, have you been working out

If she asks why, just say she smells sweaty and laugh it off

If she is quite sensitive, don't go down that route. Just buy her perfume, baths stuff, deodrant.
Reply 38
Original post by joey11223
You would say the same about him being happy the way he is and that he shouldn't change to validate himself in her eyes?

Yes, why wouldn't I?

Original post by ahha
Knew there'd be extreme feminists here!

Extreme feminists that would have exactly the same opinion if it was a man that a woman wanted to change? Hmm?

OP was saying he wanted to change the fact that his girlfriend was a tomboy. Yes some things he mentioned are to do with hygiene and I wouldn't personally walk around lacking in deo or whatever, but, he has imposed his view on her because it will make her happy (?) which I don't agree with and I don't believe makes sense, that's all.
When shes sleeping blast her with two cans of anti-perspirant. If she wakes up and asks what you were doing...tell her you were trying to spray it on yourself but mis aimed :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending