The Student Room Group

Meeting people through the internet

Do you think there will be a time where couples that met at school, college, uni, work, at the shopping centre, at a nightclub etc will be considered weirdos while the majority find their partner through the internet? I do.
Original post by The_Last_Melon
Do you think there will be a time where couples that met at school, college, uni, work, at the shopping centre, at a nightclub etc will be considered weirdos while the majority find their partner through the internet? I do.

I seriously doubt that. The stigma on internet dating might not be as strong as it was but I don't see why ANYONE would consider relationships forming from "real life" means to be lame.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Last_Melon

haha! God no.

Sorry mate, but for that to happen there would have to be a massive illogical shift in human nature.

Humans (like very other life form) evolved to interact with others in person.

Meeting people online is just... not intuitive to human nature and sexual chemistry.

This is why people who meet online and can't meet or can't meet often enough inevitably split.
Reply 3
I doubt it will be stigmatized, it will just become yet another way to meet people though it already is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending