The Student Room Group

Who is more famous, Justin Bieber or Lionel Messi?

Scroll to see replies

Think of it like this;

Facebook fans/likes;

Cristiano Ronaldo - 53,184,950
Justin Bieber - 50,757,949
Lionel Messi - 41,657,646

That's how many people like those three. So who's left? The people who dislike them and the ones who don't have Facebook (most likely, age over 40 and under 10).

Messi and Ronaldo are most likely more appealing to the over 40's, and Bieber is maybe more popular to the under 10's, so that probably balances it out.

Now for the haters; Ronaldo and Bieber are amongst the most hated people on the planet, up there with Minaj, One Direction etc. Most people who have heard of Messi probably like him (due to media perception), thus they'll probably follow him on Facebook. However, most people who have heard of Bieber and Ronaldo probably dislike them (due to jealousy), so they don't follow them.

Therefore, when it all adds up, I bet Bieber and Ronaldo kill Messi in popularity.

Oh, + Bieber and Ronaldo are appealing to Women. Messi, doesn't appear to be.
Reply 61
Original post by Wilfred Little
People probably said the same about MJ when he was a child.

Poor comparison. For one, MJ is recognised for actually being talented... secondly a lot of people hate Justin Bieber. Not many hated MJ until all the scandals.
Reply 62
Original post by Sagacious
Think of it like this;

Facebook fans/likes;

Cristiano Ronaldo - 53,184,950
Justin Bieber - 50,757,949
Lionel Messi - 41,657,646

That's how many people like those three. So who's left? The people who dislike them and the ones who don't have Facebook (most likely, age over 40 and under 10).

Messi and Ronaldo are most likely more appealing to the over 40's, and Bieber is maybe more popular to the under 10's, so that probably balances it out.

Now for the haters; Ronaldo and Bieber are amongst the most hated people on the planet, up there with Minaj, One Direction etc. Most people who have heard of Messi probably like him (due to media perception), thus they'll probably follow him on Facebook. However, most people who have heard of Bieber and Ronaldo probably dislike them (due to jealousy), so they don't follow them.

Therefore, when it all adds up, I bet Bieber and Ronaldo kill Messi in popularity.

Oh, + Bieber and Ronaldo are appealing to Women. Messi, doesn't appear to be.

The only reason and It really is THE ONLY REASON that Ronaldo and Justin Bieber have more followers/likes are because of teenage girls. In years to come Ronaldo will not be remembered for being good looking, he will be remembered as being second to Messi. So yes Ronaldo may be slightly more famous right now just as Bieber is but in the future Messi will be the one still talked about.
Reply 63
Original post by Sagacious
Think of it like this; Facebook fans/likes; Cristiano Ronaldo - 53,184,950 Justin Bieber - 50,757,949 Lionel Messi - 41,657,646 That's how many people like those three. So who's left? The people who dislike them and the ones who don't have Facebook (most likely, age over 40 and under 10). Messi and Ronaldo are most likely more appealing to the over 40's, and Bieber is maybe more popular to the under 10's, so that probably balances it out. Now for the haters; Ronaldo and Bieber are amongst the most hated people on the planet, up there with Minaj, One Direction etc. Most people who have heard of Messi probably like him (due to media perception), thus they'll probably follow him on Facebook. However, most people who have heard of Bieber and Ronaldo probably dislike them (due to jealousy), so they don't follow them. Therefore, when it all adds up, I bet Bieber and Ronaldo kill Messi in popularity. Oh, + Bieber and Ronaldo are appealing to Women. Messi, doesn't appear to be.
I'll rephrase then:who's more famous Ronaldo or JB? :P
Why the hell are you taking abt north korea, messi is the goat, till the world ends his name will be popular, you go around the world then you will know ho popular messi is.
As Bieber is a singer and the one who is compared to a footballer, I moved the thread to music forum.

Their look don't really care me.
This aged like milk in the sun

Quick Reply

Latest