The Student Room Group

Higher Resources

13/08/2010; Many thanks to all who have contributed to this thread over the years (:eek:). Please continue to post and report any dead links and I'll remove them when I get the chance. Please quote me as I'm more likely to notice that there's something needing done to this original post! Thanks.

Some revision sites:

General Revision

Higher Still Notes Forum ....a useful forum to ask questions related to Higher

Higher Still Notes Resources ...notes on various higher courses

Learning and Teaching Scotland ...notes and practice questions for each subject

SQA ...latest news and information regarding exams

BBC Bitesize ...not a favourite of mine, but anyway...lots of good examples in subjects like Maths

Biology

Higher Still Notes- Biology Forum ...HSN Biology forum

Scholar ...Scholar from Heriot Watt University

Bitesize Biology ...the *ahem* fantastic resource from the BBC

S-Cool ...aimed at A-Level students, but a lot of relevant Higher Materials too

Hamilton Biology ...notes for the Higher course

Biology-Online ...biology forum, tutorials and biology dictionary...non-specific to the higher course...might also be suitable for other Biology-related courses and at different levels

www.oronsay.org (also includes Human Biology)

------------------------------------------
Higher Biology Arrangements ...SQA Arrangements, Learning Outcomes, etc for Higher Biology (PDF)

Specimen Question Paper ...a practice examination paper for Higher Biology with answers from the SQA (PDF)

Marking Instructions ...marking instructions for Higher Biology Papers from 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 (PDF)

Chemistry

Higher Still Notes- Chemistry Forum ...HSN Chemistry forum

HSN Chemistry Resources ...detailed notes of the course, PPA hints for Units 2 and 3, a vocab list for unit 1 and a flow diagram for unit 2

Chemguide ...a lot of relevant infromation, but also tons and tons of irrelevant stuff (irrelevant to Higher at least)

Bitesize Chemistry ...BBC Bitesize for Higher Chemistry

LTScotland ...links to resources for Standard Grade, Intermediate, Higher and Advanced Higher Chemistry

SQA Arrangements for Chemistry ...SQA Arrangements, Learning Outcomes, etc for Higher Chemistry (PDF)

Specimen Question Paper ...a practice examination in Higher Chemistry with answers from the SQA (PDF)

Marking Instructions ...marking instructions for Higher Chemistry Papers from 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 (PDF)

Data Book ... Data Booklet for Higher and Advanced Higher Chemistry (PDF) for use in exams before 2007

Data Book ... Data book for Higher and Advanced Higher (PDF) for use in exams in or after 2007

Interactive Guide - All Levels

Geography

Scalloway.org.uk ...a site mainly aimed at Standard Grade, but is useful for some topics at Higher, particularly Lithosphere (glaciation)

TSR Wiki Notes for Higher Geography ...exactly what it says...contributed by Acaila

Geography blog

More Geography revision links

English

The Lovey Bones....Notes for "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold

Higher English Survival Guide Lots of useful tips, examples and such for Higher English

Mathematics

Higher Still Notes- Mathematics Forum ...HSN Mathematics forum

HSN Higher Maths Resources ...just re-written with over 100 examples. Covers the course completely. Also has a one-page summary of each unit, a 40-odd page summary of the course and practice assesments

Some other useful links ...links to past paper solutions, etc

Bitesize Mathematics ...BBC Bitesize for Higher Mathematics

Invergordon Academy Maths Department...answers to Higher Maths papers, including 2006

SQA Arrangements for Mathematics ...SQA Arrangements, Learning Outcomes, etc for Higher Maths (PDF)

Specimen Question Paper for Units 1,2 and 3 ...a practice examination in Higher Maths with answers from the SQA (PDF)

Specimen Question Paper for Units 1,2 and Stats ...a practice examination in Higher Maths from the SQA (PDF) NB: No answers

Marking Instructions ...marking instructions for Higher Maths Papers from 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 (PDF)

Physics

Higher Still Notes- Physics Forum ...HSN Physics forum

HSN Physics Resources ...limited notes on Unit one, and equation sheets for the whole course

Worked solutions for 1992 - 2005

Bitesize Physics ...BBC Bitesize for Higher Physics

Help My Physics

SQA Arrangements for Physics ...SQA Arrangements, Learning Outcomes, etc for Higher Physics (PDF)

Specimen Question Paper ...a practice examination in Higher Physics with answers from the SQA (PDF)

Marking Instructions ...marking instructions for Higher Physics Papers from 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 (PDF)

Data Book ... Data Booklet for Higher Physics (PDF)

Modern Languages

French, German and Spanish Help

Music
Listening Revision
Listening Revision

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Excellent list full of good resources. Im gona ask for this to be stickied :smile:.
Reply 2
And if anyone wants to contribute any more to the sticky, even for different subjects, I can edit them in if Nathan doesn't mind :smile:
Reply 3
Ill try and look some stuff out to add after my highers. See if I can get the use of a scanner in computing.
Reply 4
Acaila
And if anyone wants to contribute any more to the sticky, even for different subjects, I can edit them in if Nathan doesn't mind :smile:

Not at all, knock yourself out :wink:
Reply 5
Groovy :cool:
Reply 6
just added a new blodge site to the list: http://www.biology-online.org/

also maths solutions, including 2006: http://www.invergordon.highland.sch.uk/departments/maths/higher/higherexamsolutions.htm
Reply 7
I want to get the Higher biology past paper which only present the marking scheme in web. I am a HK biology teacher and want to take some execrises to my students but it is so expensive for me to buy by mail.
Reply 8
Just added the link for the Higher Geography notes on the TSRWiki: http://thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Category:s-smilie:cottish_Highers_Geography_Revision_Notes
Reply 9
I really should get updating that lot :redface:
Reply 10
I'm in the process of raking through my old computer for my revision notes to be added to the wiki. I have various notes from SG and Higher Physics, Higher Modern Studies, SG Chemistry, SG and Higher Computing and bits from here and there in other subjects (inc. the rest of my Higher Geography notes).

Just a heads up, and also a request that if anyone else has similar stuff, it would be really appreciated if you could put them up there, especially for other subjects that aren't covered yet. Could end up being a really excellent resource :smile:
Hey where can I find the learning outcomes for AH Chem?
Reply 12
Reply 13
Edited to add Higher English Survival Guide
omg i cant believe no1 has said chemcord yet??? literally the best books ever!! not kidding!! get now if u want to get A in higher!!! i used them nd got 6As so clearly are amazin
Reply 15
6 As but still can't type in proper English - kindly follow the rules on that please.
Chemcord isn't on here because it is a list for websites.
Reply 16
http://www.evans2chemweb.co.uk

really good site for chemistry
www.highergeogblog.blogspot.com

A blog made by a geography teacher. It's pretty useful :wink:.
Does anyone know any good site to revise for Higher Human Biology?
I've looked for some but I'm having no luck, I can only really find Higher Biology sites but thats no help :frown:

Thanks. :smile:
Reply 19
I did it last year and never really found any. We used Scholar at school though and it's really good, only problem is I think you have to get a password from school. Best idea is to get books.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending