Medicine in Czech Republic for 2013 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi I'm applying through CMUCS to Charles university and Brno university
I'm very nervous about what to expect
I'm going to be doing the entrance exam in July
Any advice what to expect ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
For those who are going to sit for the entrance exam, the questions are all objective questions. All the questions include Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics. Choose one between Mathematics and Physics. All questions are of A-levels standard. What to wear? Wear casually for the exam and formally for the interview. Don't worry too much about the interview, in my opinion they just want a casual talk with you to see if your command of English is acceptable in Czech Republic. I personally passed the exam AND the interview, and I will be going to Charles Univeristy in Prague to study this September. All the best!
Reply 42
Yh am not worried about the interview , it's the exam , biology and chemistry I'm good with I'm not with physics it's my weak point plus I can't even take maths bcoz I bc never done at alevel
So are they assessing the exam
They look at each subject or is it all together that you hv to pass

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by Userd194
Yh am not worried about the interview , it's the exam , biology and chemistry I'm good with I'm not with physics it's my weak point plus I can't even take maths bcoz I bc never done at alevel
So are they assessing the exam
They look at each subject or is it all together that you hv to pass

Posted from TSR Mobile

I says on their website that 'Successful candidates must achieve at least 185 points out of 240' (~77%) from both the exam and interview.

Are you goin to sit the exam for 1st faculty charles on 20th july ( and brno exam on 21st if you're unsuccessful for charles)

oh and i know yr not worried bout the interview, but i dont want to be over/under dressed.
what are you going to wear and r u goin to get changed for the interview?

at the moment im just confused bout what to do i dont want to come in a suit when every1 is in casual!!!:confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 44
Hey yh am not changing I would be wearing trousers and smart shirt and just wear the coat for the interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
where are you from?
do you know anyone else that is going or has done the exam? i really want to know what we are going to be doing the whole day as the interviews dont start until early evening (3/4pm) thats what CMUCAS said?
Reply 46
I'm from wolverhampton , no sorry I don't know any one else going there but I heard the same interviews will be starting later on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
I think they will be marking our exam bcoz Charles u find out on the day if u get in so I guess that's why we will be there for a long time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
does any1 know if we get a periodic table for the exam for 1st faculty charles uni?

and if we are allowed a scientific calculator, or do we have to bring a standard one?

can we get scrap paper to use?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 49
hi guys,

Im applying to Charles for medicine. I'm from India, but lived in Dubai all my life, English is my first language. Did GCSEs, and currently doing A2's

Existing students: Can I have some detailed views please? These would be much appreciated! Like

-hows the quality of the course?
-what are the people like?
-easy to settle in?
-course harder here than it would be in the uk?
-quality of teaching and professors
-quality of english communication by teachers?

And when you had to upload your resume, what did you include?

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE; NO IDEA HOW MUCH THIS MEANS
Original post by Soncheese
I will email them asking about the entrance exams this week :smile:

I'm really worried about the language barrier

It frightens me that you have to pass your Latin and Czech exams consistently or else you face expulsion

I don't know how difficult it would be to learn a new language :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Sorry to bump an old thread.....but I thought the medicine course at charles university was fully in English? I understand why they teach Latin (anatomy etc) but why do we need to learn Czech language?
Reply 51
Original post by woodpeckr
Sorry to bump an old thread.....but I thought the medicine course at charles university was fully in English? I understand why they teach Latin (anatomy etc) but why do we need to learn Czech language?

Its bcs without some czech u will struggle and u will need patient contact....locals dnt really speak english
Original post by tim3
Its bcs without some czech u will struggle and u will need patient contact....locals dnt really speak english

Tbh it doesn't seem like a great course then, if that's the reason. Learning a language to fluency is exceptionally tough especially to use in clinicals and Czech seems like such a tough language too on top of a classic traditional med course (not the new easy PBL stuff).

I would have thought they at least use translators, and have the entire course taught in English.
Reply 53
Original post by woodpeckr
Tbh it doesn't seem like a great course then, if that's the reason. Learning a language to fluency is exceptionally tough especially to use in clinicals and Czech seems like such a tough language too on top of a classic traditional med course (not the new easy PBL stuff).

I would have thought they at least use translators, and have the entire course taught in English.

I will agree to that...its true. But for some ppl it becomes the best option...try to stay in uk or to western Europe
Reply 54
Hey I'm Indian and study in UAE In a CBSE school grade 12 and I'mWondering if you've got into Charles uni since I'm planning to apply there too soon And I've got the same questions in mind regarding this and would be obliged if you could reply to this soonThanks 😌

Original post by Soncheese
And I'm also an Asian

I have a brother who is a 5th year medic at edinburgh university and with my family and friends there has always been this pressure and influence of prestige

I know one of the main reasons people from the UK go to Prague to study medicine is because they are unable to hold any offers from any medical schools here

I can't decide whether it would be better for me to do a Bachelors in science here or go to Prague

I personally value a medical degree from Prague to be higher than a bachelors degree from a UK university

But I wanted to ask what your opinion would be?

Sorry but it's just with my family background I have been brought up with this idea

:smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 55
I am planning to apply for the medicine in european country , I am from UK, I have heard it is very difficult to study in prague as the exams are tougher and also getting please to sit the exam is tough as they only allow few people to sit the Anatomy or physio exam, Is that true. somebody pls help me who is studying in prague
Bump.
Reply 57
Any existing students in Charles University in Hradec Kralove doing dentistry? I will be joining Sept 2016
Congrats to everybody who got accepted at Charles University, Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Kralove. Even though the 1st, 2nd and 3rd medical faculties in Prague seem to be more popular, the medical faculty in Hradec Kralove is considered to be the best of all. They currently have a new campus which is big and really beautiful. The lectures, seminars and practical classes will sometimes take place in the old campus though. However, don't worry they are not that far from each other. There are many international students there, so don't worry you will not be alone. The city is small so it's easy to get around. The studies are quite hard though. If you think that just because you are not in the UK it will be easier then trust me you are wrong. You need to study everyday and make sure you are not falling behind. In order to pass to the next year you need to pass all the exams you had in your previous one. In order to remain in the faculty you need to have a certain amount of credits which you gain by passing exams or credit tests. If you fail to get this certain amount of credits by the end of the year then you will be kicked out. So study hard and keep your eyes open. There are always many opportunities for internships and stuff like that for good students. Medicine is hard but if you are really passionate about it you'll definitely enjoy your studies at this faculty so make the most of it. It's a very respected university in the Czech Republic and in Europe as well. Good luck to all.
Reply 59
Thank you so much. Are you studying at the faculty now or are you a graduate?

Quick Reply

Latest