The Student Room Group

Is anyone going to the Phillip Allan A2 AQA-A Revision conference in London on Monday

Hey

Is anyone going?

Because ive booked for a group of us to go.. I spoke to them yesterday and they posted me the tickets on Wednesday but they still havent come in the post. So it doesnt look like I'll get the tickets before we go. I have a reference number so we should be ok getting in, but I just wanted to confirm the details - that it starts at 11am in Camden Centre, Camden Town hall?

I was just wondering if anyone has the info that came with the tickets... confirming the time it starts and the venue? I would phone Phillip Allan but they are shut now till monday and Im not sure what time they open on monday.

Also.. if you do, do you have the programme outline of the day? i.e. the times of all the talks and what the talks are on?

Thanks

Em xxx
Reply 1
heya, i'm going, here's the info that i have..

Venue: Camden Centre, Camden Town Hall, Judd Street, London WCIH9JE
main entrance to camden centre is on Bidborough Street.
St Pancras and King's Cross stations are (almost) opposite to camden centre.
'leave tube station by the pancras road exit. This will bringyou up onto pancras road. Walk to to the end of pancras road and cross over euston road. Bear right and continue walking up euston road for approximately 50 yars until you see a sign for the bidborough street entrance. Follow this sign down a short alley until you reach bidborough street. turn right and almost immediately infront of you will be the bidborough street entrance for hte camden centre.
IMO - that sounds pretty complicated. i went there for english study day; just took a map and worked it out.
Admission is by TICKET ONLY.
www.philipallan.co.uk
01869 338652
11.00am till 4.30pm

Programme:

11.00am - welcome and introduction - mike cardwell
11.05am - the a2 examination and question-setting rules - mike cardwell
11.25am - individual differences and synopticity - simon green
12.00pm break
12.20pm knowledge and understanding: how to maximise your A01 skills - c.flanagan
12.55pm commentary and evaluation : A02 skills - mike cardwell
1.25pm lunch
2.25pm issues and debates - simon green
3.00pm Approaches in psychology - cara flanagan
3.30pm Break
3.45pm effective revision - mike cardwell
4.15pm - questions and answer session with the examiners
4.30pm day ends

if u need more info, let me know. :smile:
Reply 2
thats great - thank you soooo much, i really appreciate it :smile:

i hope you have a nice time